TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
123456789 Offline
Not a n00b

pathetic - April 27th 2010, 05:17 AM

Ok so i know i stated a while ago that i was gana tell my dad or someone about my ED AND SH but i never did

because i started to get better ,so i thouigh, i was doing good i wasnt purgeing or ristricting or cutting

then it all started again
i dont know what is was
something inside just snapped and it all became too much
the pressure to hold myself high and be what everyone else wants me to be became to much
now all i want to do is be the opposite of what they want
i want to sneek out and party
because they dont expect it
but when i hold myself back because i know its wrong i have to let it out and i dont know how ekse to do it besides purgeing and cutting
when i do it its like the world is gone and its just me
doing what i want to do because i want to do it because i can do it and no one else wants me to do it
but it hurts
it hurts so bad and good at the same time
and i dont know where or how to stop and its bugging the fuck out of me that i sont have enough self contoll to stop this

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jen Offline
Dance in the rain
I've been here a while

Name: Jen

Re: pathetic - April 27th 2010, 05:05 PM

Haley, you are NOT pathetic. Eating disorders are extremely tricky, and what you are describing is common--people see a decrease in their symptoms so it's easy to assume that things are better, but then the thoughts and symptoms come back full-force.

So, you know that beating yourself up and spending your time thinking about how mad you are at yourself isn't going to do anything. What IS going to do something is talking to your dad. Since you were already planning on doing it, you probably still remember what you were going to say, and all of that. Let him know that you were doing better but things are hard again and you really need some support.

It also sounds like it would benefit you to talk to someone (your dad, a teacher, a counselor, etc.) about all of the pressure you feel that is placed on you. That can definitely be a big reason why you are feeling the need to escape and cope in other ways.

Hang in there!
<3

"Do not ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

“if nothing changed, there’d be no butterflies”

Send a message via MSN to Jen  
Closed Thread