TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Disclosure. Online
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Talking Made myself proud today! - April 30th 2010, 06:09 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

OK, so I did myself proud today!

I didn't eat anything at school all day and I walked back from school, something I never do. Just to lose weight! I'm so proud of myself! I wouldn't say I'm big...I'm probably one of the skinnest in my year...a few people have told me that. But I feel like I NEED to lose weight.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough

Name: Casey

Re: Made myself proud today! - May 1st 2010, 01:05 AM

Rianna,

Restricting is not a good thing. Please talk to someone about this, an adult you trust. Also, have you thought about talking to your doctor? Your doctor can tell you if you need to lose weight, and how to do it healthily. Your body needs food to survive, or it will collapse. Please try to take care of yourself.

She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.

Smile through the tears.

PM me

Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Dobs Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Mandy

Re: Made myself proud today! - May 1st 2010, 03:49 AM

Hey,

I think if you are one of the skinniest in your year u are FINE! Dont worry about dieting! I think you might want to talk to someone about this.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
emma01 Offline
Hello :D
I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: Made myself proud today! - May 2nd 2010, 04:42 AM

If you already see yourself as the skinniest in your year, why would you wantto do tht to yourself. Gosh its good u can feel that way!!! I still dont think i am the thinnest in my year but apparently im 'sickly thin'!!! Dont diet if you really dont need to!!!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Disclosure. Online
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: Made myself proud today! - May 2nd 2010, 08:05 AM

I'm not the skinnest in my year but I'm one of the more "thinner" people but yet I WANT to be the skinnest in my year and perhaps the school.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
emma01 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Made myself proud today! - May 2nd 2010, 08:12 AM

Being skinniest in the school isn't nice. I tell you, it sucks. I have had parents who have asked my mum how I am, I am not even friends with those girls, i dont even associate with them. The girls in the boarding house at my school talk about me, and I am not close with ANY of the boarders. I don't know how many people know, who knows and if people in the oldest year at school know. It's mega embarrasing, and although I would rather be the smallest than the largest, being known as "anorexic emma" is not fun at all.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Disclosure. Online
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: Made myself proud today! - May 2nd 2010, 08:48 AM

I'd rather be really skinny then be the weight I am now.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
Outside, huh?

Re: Made myself proud today! - May 2nd 2010, 05:07 PM

Skinny isn't particularly a good thing, neither is it essentially more attractive than a healthy figure. People often judge you for being skinny as well. I have a naturally 'skinny' form because I'm petite but the amount of people that have assumed or even asked in the past that I'm anorexic is ridiculous. I'm serious. Why should you feel like you need to lose weight??

Honey, you're familiar, like my mirror, years ago
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Níl a shíltear mar a bhítear.
Things are not always what they seem.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Stardaze Offline
Hopeless Love
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Made myself proud today! - May 2nd 2010, 05:48 PM

Skinny isn't really always a good thing. If your skinny you need to be healthy. Eating all day is just going to make you feel worse in the end. If you want to loose weight and you feel like you need to then reduce your portion sizes.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
soccerjen Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jenna

Re: Made myself proud today! - May 2nd 2010, 10:32 PM

If you are skinny, why do you think you need to lose weight?
It probably isnt healthy to starve youself and to over excercise.
I think you are just fine the way you are!

(#11 (permalink)) Old
emma01 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Made myself proud today! - May 3rd 2010, 06:02 AM

Being too skinny isn't attractive, and more importantly its bad for your health. I know I can't persuade you to stop dieting, but I will tell you some things that resulted from me doing it.

-My immune system is CRAP, I have gotten sick twice in the last month, and I haven't had a day off from school in TWO YEARS! so Im usually healthy. But what I have left of me isnt enough to fight infections, and so when Im sick, even though I genuinely dont feel like food, I have to eat because I can not affort to miss a meal.
-I have to have blood tests, be weighed, get my blood pressure AND temperature check every week. I hope you like needles.
-I cannot sit or lie comfortably on school chairs, or any chair if im in the wrong position long enough. My friends and I went hydrosliding, I couldn't go more than once or twice because it HURT so bad to sit.
-Im constantly FREEZING cold, its so uncomfortable at times because i just can't stop shaking.
-I am always being watched at school, people always watch what I eat. Because I am better now, I do eat at school and I am not afraid to have chocolate...I ate some and people went round saying "OMG EMMA ATE CHOCOLATE" do you have any idea how that felt?
-People are always making up untrue rumours and talking about me behind my back. I mean some people are cool with this, but when it comes down to anorexia...its not that fun when people think its "attention seeking" and that I am making myself sick and takng laxatives when I NEVER did that.
-I always seem to be pulling hair out! I have noticed a small bald patch in my hair too..but its totally unnoticable thank god, and its very small.
-I've only ever had three periods, the last one however was in October last year, and it lasted about 2 days, and hardly anything was there...so I don't really count that one.
-I've been forbidden to do any sport, today my doctor told me I couldn't play netball. Im really upset about that, but I plan to play anyway...oops

I dont know how else I can persuade you, there are other small things that have happened, e.g. fall outs with friends.

I think I should sum this up with...yea you lose weight, but you lose so many other things, you need to ask yourself, is it worth it?

Closed Thread