TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Marshmello Kid Offline
Curioser and curioser . . .
Average Joe

Name: Reid

I Don't Know What To Do - May 6th 2010, 11:19 PM

I've been eating more. . . I've gained some weight, I'm up to xxx. It's driving me crazy, I hate it, it's making me miserable. I'm not getting enough sleep and I'm doing track and feild at school. The whole reason I started doing track and feild was to lose weight. Since I've started I've gained xlbs.

I don't know what to do, I was trying to eat more and get healthy, and it made me misserable. I was eating 2 meals a day and a few snacks, and I didn't mind. Now I've gained weight.

I have no idea what to do, I've been working out and eating healthy, I should be losing weight. . . I spoke to my friend about it, she said I shouldn't be upset, and that I have a great body so many people are jealous of and that all the weight is muscle mass. But I know it's not, my pants are tighter.

I'm so tempted to purge, and I'm starting to eat less. I don't know what to do. I was happy, I could look in the mirror and be okay with my body enough to eat x calories a day, even go over sometimes. But now I'm just driving myself crazy, my confidence is gone, I hate seeing myself. It's horrible.

I have no idea what to do . . . I'm going to keep trying to eat healthy, but it's hard.

I just don't know what to do to feel okay again.

“If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want
them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales.”
-Albert Einstein

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough

Name: Casey

Re: I Don't Know What To Do - May 6th 2010, 11:29 PM

Hey Reid,

It's good to hear that you are eating better. I'm so proud of you. So, you may be gaining weight, however, since you are working out and eating healthy, it's more than likely muscle, and muscle will make your pants feel tighter. You got to keep doing what you are doing, don't slip back into not eating Reid. You can do this, and one day you will be able to feel okay with your body again.

If you need anything, feel free to pm me.

She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.

Smile through the tears.

PM me

Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Marshmello Kid Offline
Curioser and curioser . . .
Average Joe

Name: Reid

Re: I Don't Know What To Do - May 11th 2010, 12:01 AM

Thanks Casey, I appretiate your input. I'm trying to stay healthy, it's just really hard. I keep binging, then starving to make up for it. I know it's not healthy, and I know I need to stop, but it's so hard and I can't get it out of my head that I need to be better. Especialy since it's almost bathingsuite season. . . Ugh, I'm just not doing well right now.

I'll keep inmind that I can PM you, thanks.

“If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want
them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales.”
-Albert Einstein

Closed Thread