TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Liz94 Offline
Here I go again
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Elizabeth

Im going craaazy - May 7th 2010, 06:39 PM

Basically I have struggled with food issues for a couple of years now as some of you may know... anyway since starting the summer term my issues around food have esculated. Yesterday I had 2 bowls of cereal and a glass of orange and lemonade which I burned off by walking yet I still felt and feel like I ate too much. Then today I have aten 1 bowl of cereal and a mouthful of dinner and I feel like it is too much and really want to burn it off. This is now in its 3rd week of being like this but this week it has gotten really bad and it is getting me down...In the past I have been able to snap myself out of it but this time I can't I used to be able to eat healthily on days when I dont have school but now I am throwing food away behind my parents back and eating as little as I can. My friends are starting to notice the weight coming off. ( which has been tooo drastic but it is still coming off) I dont know what to do I am really worried now

"Casting all your anxiety upon Him, because He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

"For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control." 2 Timothy 1:7

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." Romans 12:2

PM/VM me anytime
LIZ

Last edited by Casey.; May 10th 2010 at 05:02 AM. Reason: Removing prefix to fit with the new guidelines.
  Send a message via MSN to Liz94  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
glittermist Offline
Modal Soul
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Lisa

Re: Im going craaazy - May 8th 2010, 10:00 PM

Hi Elizabeth,

I'm sorry you're struggling so much right now. Do you think you could talk to someone about this? Even if you feel you can't, i can assure you that there must be someone out there(parents, friend, teacher, doctor) that will be willing to listen to you and offer their support? You're already showing that you don't like this behaviour and that you want to overcome it, therefore i think it would be really beneficial if you could reach out to one of those people.

What makes you think you've eaten too much? Has something recently triggered you?
You need to work out what's causing all of this because cutting out so many calories is detrimental to your health.

Take care.

& it's just like she's in another world.
[<3]

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Missy

Re: Im going craaazy - May 9th 2010, 05:18 AM

sounds like you have some serious issues with food. is there anyone you feel comfortable talking with about this?? im assuming you are in school so do you think you can go talk to your counselor??

you really need to start talking about whatever is upsetting you that is causing you to interact with food in this way. but im aware that is not that easy to pinpoint any specific cause and thats why i suggest you get help for this.

besides food... are their any other areas you are concerned about... like how is your overall mood?? are you depressed? just sad?

Much in little.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
jellbell Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jell-poo

Re: Im going craaazy - May 9th 2010, 07:46 PM

7 for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control. keep pushing

fierce&lovee

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Liz94 Offline
Here I go again
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Im going craaazy - May 9th 2010, 08:40 PM

Resently my life has been stressful ...and my sister has been making herself sick which has hurt me...then stuff with an Ex. I have been feeling overwelmed and depressed lately. I am not talking to the school counsellor I had to see her once cause of SH and that was 1 time too many. And my parents are just finding out about my sis so I dont want them to have to worry about me as well meal times are bad enough at the moment. As for friends well...they think I have no reason to be depressed and are getting annoyed with me giving me lectures on eating it makes it even harder to eat in school. I might approach my tuter though she would go to senior staff and if they found out they will ring home... ( I know this cause thats what happened last year when they learnt of my SH) One question...is it possible that I am replacing SH with restricting food intake...its just that I am 1 week away from lasting 2 months SH wise and my food intake has gone down since the urges to SH have gotten stronger.....its a therory....
Today I binged but at least I ate...

"For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control." 2 Timothy 1:7

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." Romans 12:2

PM/VM me anytime
LIZ
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Liz94 Offline
Here I go again
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Im going craaazy - May 9th 2010, 08:40 PM

Thnks for your surport and advice it means alot.

PM/VM me anytime
LIZ
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Missy

Re: Im going craaazy - May 9th 2010, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elievry View Post
Resently my life has been stressful ...and my sister has been making herself sick which has hurt me...then stuff with an Ex. I have been feeling overwelmed and depressed lately. I am not talking to the school counsellor I had to see her once cause of SH and that was 1 time too many. And my parents are just finding out about my sis so I dont want them to have to worry about me as well meal times are bad enough at the moment. As for friends well...they think I have no reason to be depressed and are getting annoyed with me giving me lectures on eating it makes it even harder to eat in school. I might approach my tuter though she would go to senior staff and if they found out they will ring home... ( I know this cause thats what happened last year when they learnt of my SH) One question...is it possible that I am replacing SH with restricting food intake...its just that I am 1 week away from lasting 2 months SH wise and my food intake has gone down since the urges to SH have gotten stronger.....its a therory....
Today I binged but at least I ate...

you know you are probably right about replacing the SH for disordered eating. i have a therapist i go to and she was telling me how important it is that we don't just focus on the symptoms and actually get down to the i guess the root of the problem because otherwise you'll just replace one type of abuse for another. like i could start eating more but then start cutting again or start drinking a lot... so yeah what you said makes a lot of sense. its like replacing one bad coping mechanism for another. this is why i really think its important you find someone you can really talk to. friends are great but i think a professional is even better.

also you need to put yourself first right now. i know you dont want to worry your parents but you are their kid and you deserve their care and support. so if you want to tell them, go ahead. a lot of parents are grateful when their kids open up to them. its more hurtful to know that your child was hurting and was afraid to tell you.

and seriously dont ever hesitate to message me if you need someone to talk to

Much in little.

Closed Thread