TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Aphonopelma Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

making myself sick - February 10th 2009, 09:02 PM

hi,
i went to a friends house a couple of weekends ago. she got quite thin b4 xmas (not really really unhealthy, but her periods n that stopped and she was quite underweight). she has put on a fair bit of weight now and is what i c as really nice. she is a size ---. wen i went to her house i found out that she makes herself sick quite often now to control her weight, and she is tryiing to lose weight again.
i am a size --- , and i don't see myself as "fat" but i want to be thinner and see myself as fatter than i should be. basicaly i really want a flat tummy (to be her size) we were both talking about making ourselves sick, and being stupid i know, but it seemed a good idea at the time, ate loads of popcorn, then both went upstairs and were sick (i'd never done it before).

i know i shouldn't, but i can't skip any meals or eat significantly less at home as my parents wil notice and i am really not close to them in that was and can't talk to them about me wanting to lose weight.
i eat like 2 weetabixes for breakfast, a normal sandwich and fruit for lunch, then a normal dinner. but for over a week now i've been bringing most of the dinner back up.
i know i shouldn't, and that, and it causes loads of problems etc, but it feels kinda satisfying to "see" that many less calories that i am not having. my throat hurts now, and swallowing food today hurt a bit, but i am making myself think that this is a good thing as i will then eat less.

i am also certain that i will be able to stop when i get to the weight i want, but after reading a few threads on here everyone says u can't just "quit".

i dunno what i'm really asking u guys, but i just felt i needed to say someting to someone

xxx

Last edited by Katrina; February 10th 2009 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Please don't post sizes; they're against the Terms of Service.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
floatingangel Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: making myself sick - February 12th 2009, 02:22 PM

hey hun, i think your friend could have bulimia, and you have to know how this is REALLY very damaging to you and her as well. it's not worth it to put your health at such a stake, and a high stake at that. this can't end well and you know it. throwing up can be really addictive and trust me you're going to regret it if you don't talk to someone as soon as possible about this...
humans are imperfect, and sometimes we're just so hard on ourselves. we'll never be good enough. so don't throw your life away like that..
is there anyway you can get your friend to seek help? her eating habits and thoughts can really harm her and as a friend, you can help her.
take care!

and the voice of truth tells me a different story
the voice of truth says "do not be afraid"

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Katie Lydia Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Katie

Re: making myself sick - February 15th 2009, 03:51 AM

I have bulimia and i do not wish it on anyone. Mia can't make you thin in a 'quick fix' and it ****** me off when naive little girls think that if you make yourself sick you'll be thin and pretty.

Tell your friend to get some professional help and i personally think you need to seperate yourself from her if you both want help.

If you want to lose weight that will stay off eat healthy and excercise regularly.

I know its hypocrital of me to lecture you but i've been to hell and back with this and i don't want to see other girls/guys ending up like me.

If im not getting through to you then look at it this way:

Pros -
You MAY be the size you want.

Cons -
Bad breath.
Mouth Ulcers.
Your teeth will fall out.
Your hair will fall out.
Irregular periods then infertility.
Bowel problems.
Depression.
You'll end up manipulating everyone.
You'll turn into a compulsive liar.
Say hello to spots and blemishes on your skin.
Death.

Need i go on?

Get help and pm me if you need anything, even if its a good kick up the ass.

Closed Thread