TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

diet pills - May 19th 2010, 02:21 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of eating disorders, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

my mum keeps telling me im fat, ive stopped eating alot, but the fat wont shift, everywhere i look everywhere around me i see thin people, but then when i look at myself i just fat, everyone at work says im not fat, but all i see is fat, everyone at college says im not fat but all i see is fat, my mum keeps telling me i need to loose weight im trying to, ive tried exercise, ive tried eating 6 small meals a day, ive tried everything, im getting fed up of it, i just want to be thin like the people i see walking round town, but im not, i just cant be thin, i try and it doesnt happen, i keep seeing on tv these adverts for diet pills like addios, and alli diet pills, and i seee adverts for liposuction aswell and for turmmy tucks, i feel tempted to try diet pills in a way to get thinner everything else im trying just wont work.

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: diet pills - May 19th 2010, 02:49 PM

No no no Lydia. Don't do the diet pills. They hardly work and even if they do work a lot of them require you to actually eat a healthy diet as well.

The best thing to do is get some exercise. I know you said you had a wii fit so you should aim to go on that at least a couple of times and week. Also, you could go for a morning/evening walk with your ipod

And just try to eat as healthy as you can. Say you want a pizza, go for Italian base instead of deep pan or stuffed crust. They have weightwatchers meals in supermarkets that I sometimes get if I'm feeling healthy because then you know that what you're eating doesn't contain too much fat (although you should check the salt content of them too since some are really high in it)

But tbh though I've seen you on webcam and I don't think you're fat, you look about normal to me.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: diet pills - May 19th 2010, 03:21 PM

yeah i do have a wii fit and a dance mat, also i have a trampoline. i love walking, usually i do an hours walking a day, yet still i seem to not loose any weight. i dont really eat alot, i more tend to graze throughout the day than anything. i tend to skip brekkie in the morning too.

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Sin Offline
*pixie in training*
Not a n00b

Name: Sinead

Re: diet pills - May 19th 2010, 03:58 PM

I find that when i dont eat properly..just pick at stuff all day i dont lose any weight. Its better to eat proper meals. Even if there small. Skipping breakfast will make you hungry and you will end up eating more!! If you eat brekkie it will get you through most of the day without picking at other food, then have dinner.

Your trampoline is the best way to exercise...(and so much fun!) A half an hour on the tramopline a day will help you lose weight.

But be careful...trying to lose too much weight will mess with your head. Eat and exercise properly and you'll stay healthy

But so many people are looking to me
to be strong and to fight

but i'm just surviving
and I may be weak but I'm never defeated

and I'll keep believing
in clouds with that sweet silver lining

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Elliee Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Ellie

Re: diet pills - May 19th 2010, 06:29 PM

Hey!

I just wanted to say that if you don't eat a lot then you're more than likely not to loose any weight because the food you do eat your body will keep. The best way is to work out a meal plan stick to it, and exercise the best you can. Its the most healthy way of loosing weight.
Also if you are not loosing weight it could be that you arrived at a weight plateau which I tend to find is a cut off point where your body is trying to say to you 'Stop, No more'

If you need any more advice I'll be happy to talk!

Take care
Ellie

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Ms. Music Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Katie

Re: diet pills - May 19th 2010, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopyLyd View Post
my mum keeps telling me im fat, ive stopped eating alot, but the fat wont shift, everywhere i look everywhere around me i see thin people, but then when i look at myself i just fat, everyone at work says im not fat, but all i see is fat, everyone at college says im not fat but all i see is fat, my mum keeps telling me i need to loose weight im trying to, ive tried exercise, ive tried eating 6 small meals a day, ive tried everything, im getting fed up of it, i just want to be thin like the people i see walking round town, but im not, i just cant be thin, i try and it doesnt happen, i keep seeing on tv these adverts for diet pills like addios, and alli diet pills, and i seee adverts for liposuction aswell and for turmmy tucks, i feel tempted to try diet pills in a way to get thinner everything else im trying just wont work.
Hey there. When I went to college I felt that way too. I tried diet ppills, crazy diets, not eating, laxatives... EVERYTHING! I was really lucky not to really mess up my body. I started eating [Edited by Cas*: Removing numbers] a day. I had about [Edited] for breakfast. [Edited] for a snack around 10 or 11 AM. Maybe [Edited] for lunch at 12 or 1. [Edited] for a snack around 3, and then usually [Edited] for dinner in the evening. I exercised one hour on the elliptical and did weights 5 days a week and lost [Edited] pounds the first month. I have lost [Edited] pounds over the course of the year, although once I got into classes and my exercise and eating were less regular my weight loss slowed a bit. THat is what I recommend, especially now that it is summer time. I would also recommend eating healthy things without too many chemicals and writing down everything you put in your mouth. Drinking water with lemon is great too. If you do things the healthy way you will get results and they will last. Good Luck!

Last edited by Casey.; May 20th 2010 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Please don't post weight or calorie numbers, they are against the TOS
  Send a message via AIM to Ms. Music Send a message via Skype™ to Ms. Music 
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Missy

Re: diet pills - May 19th 2010, 11:32 PM

it makes me so sad when i hear people say things like this. losing weight isnt going to erase your problems. if you have an issue with self esteem than i dont think the weight loss is gonna fix it. a person with good self esteem is able to love themselves no matter what. its ok to want to lose weight but u shouldnt feel worthless because you're not a certain weight. if you want to lose, do it the right way. exercise and eat healthy. at the end of the day it should be about your health more than anything else.

Much in little.

Closed Thread