TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Dietitian - May 20th 2010, 05:42 PM

My councillor is refering me to a dietitian because ive admitted i have problems with my eating and i purge.

Im a bit worried about this cause i dont really see the point and to be honest, im not really sure what they will do. My councillor is weighing me weekly herself.

Also, im 15 and my mum doesnt know. Shes just been in hospital so my councllor agress i shouldnt tell her about it now. But will the dietition want my mum to know? And My councillor wants me to tell mum in a few months anyway, as soon as shes better. But i have no idea how im suppose to tell her.

Any advice? Thanks.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: Dietitian - May 20th 2010, 05:56 PM

Hi Jessica,

I think it's great that you have decided to go to a dietitian in order to improve your eating habits. Obviously your counselor feels this would be beneficial for you, so I think that it's a great idea to try it out. I understand your concerns with your mother, but I wouldn't let this hold you back from getting the help you need. When you go to the dietitian appointment, explain to the dietitian what is going on with your mother, and inform her that you don't feel you should tell your mother at the time being, since she is ill. Your counselor knows more about your life than the dietitian, so let the dietitian know that your counselor agrees that telling your mother right away is not a good idea. She probably won't try to fight that, because it's not really her place.

The dietitian will help you to organize a daily diet to follow that will help you maintain a healthy weight. There are many techniques that he/she may use in order to do this, and you may find them extremely helpful. You might not like seeing this dietitian, but there's also a chance that you will. The best option, in my mind, is to at least give it a try. Go to a few appointments, and then make your decision based on your experiences.

Good luck! I hope that this doctor helps you, and that you get everything worked out with your mother soon.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Ms. Music Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Katie

Re: Dietitian - May 21st 2010, 02:41 AM

Hey there,
I won't reiterate all of what they do as NightofNyx did a pretty good job, but I will say that I went to a dietitian and I LOVED it. She gave me all sorts of information that actually helped me move away from my bad habits. They can be really useful. Good luck!
  Send a message via AIM to Ms. Music Send a message via Skype™ to Ms. Music 
Closed Thread