TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jovial. Offline
Skittles Minion.

Senior TeenHelper

Name: Trish

Don't know what to do - May 26th 2010, 09:22 PM

Hey,

I really am not sure what to do. I have been struggeling with an eating disorder since the beggining of my sophomore year, and it is now the end of junior year. I am really worried. I have tried to stop starving myself before but it just isnt working. I have begun using self induced vomitting, more then I used to. My parents have begun to notice my eating habbits but I juat don't know what to do. I am really scared.

Thanks

Last edited by Casey.; May 27th 2010 at 04:14 AM. Reason: Removing prefix to fit with the new guidelines.
  Send a message via Yahoo to Jovial.  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
falling_x Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Vicx

Re: Don't know what to do - May 26th 2010, 09:45 PM

Have you tried getting help from a doctor? Maybe just talking to them will help.
Could you talk to your parents about it?

So much for that idea ...

Want a chat? Get in touch ...

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough

Name: Casey

Re: Don't know what to do - May 27th 2010, 04:17 AM

Hey Trish,

Have you told anyone? Asking for help is a big step, but it's an important one, you can't do this alone. If your parents have noticed, talk to them. Let them know what is going on. You could also try talking to your school counselor, or a counselor in general. Talking to someone, and getting help to recover, is the best thing that you can do right now.

You are beautiful just the way you are. Try eating several small meals a day, but start small. Get to eating one meal and a snack, then two, and so forth. Try to eat six small meals a day, if you can't do that, try at least three or four. You can do this. You are beautiful and strong, you just have to fight this. Stay strong.

She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.

Smile through the tears.

PM me

Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Jovial. Offline
Skittles Minion.

Senior TeenHelper

Name: Trish

Re: Don't know what to do - May 27th 2010, 08:13 PM

My parents don't really know. I can't tell them, they won't understand. I have had to tell them about things before, life self harm and all they did was flip out. I do see a counseler on a bi weekly bases. She does know, but we are not really doing much to fix it. she makes me keep a food journal, but it dosent really affect me because I don't care if it is empty.
  Send a message via Yahoo to Jovial.  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Lexy9e Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alexis Zoe<3

Re: Don't know what to do - May 28th 2010, 03:38 AM

Trish, I understand your struggle and want to let you know that you are not alone in your struggle. Parent's often have trouble understanding a child's condition. It doesn't mean they don't care about what you are going through it is that they can not understand it so they dismiss it. Try to rid it from their thoughts. I suggest at some point you try to talk them again. Don't rely on them for your help because in the end you have to be an advocate for yourself. I suggest you maybe ask your counselor about where you could turn about eating disorder help. She may have some good suggestions for you that she is aware of. Or let her know that you feel what she is doing is not very successful. If she doesn't know that she isn't helping then she will believe that she is. I myself have been through a lot with eating disorders and still struggle, but I have gotten a lot better and am learning to be normal. What helped me is talking to people with similar issues. This helps you to understand why you have an eating disorder and try to get to the root of the problem. You obviously do not enjoy this and are struggling to understand why you continue. If you feel comfortable with friends try to tell them. Many times talking to close friends can help because they can watch you and let you vent when you are at your worst with your eating disorder.

It is extremely difficult to fight an eating disorder, but rest assured it is possible. You need to constantly remind yourself that you are beautiful and that your body and your mind don't deserve this. You will only be stronger from this fight, but know that you are not alone and that you have support. Please feel free to message me if you need any advise and again try and ask your counselor if she knows any other places you can go that help people specifically with eating disorder issues. Stay strong dear.

Best,
Lexy

Closed Thread