TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
loving my fiance
Not a n00b

Name: Angela

Question Is it back.. - July 2nd 2010, 07:16 PM

Hey everyone so i need some help. Lately I have been having problems with my eating disorder. It isn't like i feel that i am fat. But i sometimes do think i could weigh less then i am. So i went to the doctor and they are unsure what to do. I have lost [Edited] in about 3 weeks even though being i look normal still. I can barely handle food or i purge after a meal when i do eat. despite the effort of Kyeto-X my fiance. Is it back ? What do i do if it is? And how do i approach this

Angela and Will 4ever

Last edited by Casey.; July 3rd 2010 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Do not post weight figures anywhere on TeenHelp.
  Send a message via AIM to strength_to_surrive_si Send a message via MSN to strength_to_surrive_si Send a message via Yahoo to strength_to_surrive_si  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Open my eyes
Average Joe

Name: Esther

Re: Is it back.. - July 2nd 2010, 08:54 PM

you have to be compltely sure you don't want an ed in your life. I think it's kinda back, there are all the symthons.
try to talk to a therapist, they can help you either with medication or just trying to give you some advice, but you have to follow their instructions.
Anyway, to avoid purging you could stay with your parents or friends for a while, try to keep yourself entertained after a meal so that you don't puke inmediately.
I know it's hard to eat, but you have to try, your body needs it and people around you, who cares and loves you, will be happier if they see you eating.
You can start with smaller meals, wait for a while until your body get used to them (because it's pretty normal after all of this to throw up even without trying) and gradually add more food to them, little by little and try to make your meals interesting, a pleasant time, I mean, sit with whoeveryou eat with and talk about your things and so on.
I hope you can get over this, if you need to talk, feel free to pm
All the best xx

Fear Cuts Deeper Than Knives

"And if you told me 'go to the hell', I'd tell you I know pretty well that place"
  Send a message via MSN to Ess The Morgenstern * Send a message via Skype™ to Ess The Morgenstern * 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough

Name: Casey

Re: Is it back.. - July 3rd 2010, 09:55 PM

We all slip sometimes, that doesn't mean it's back. It doesn't have to come back, you can fight this. Do what you have been doing, keep fight this, keep trying to eat right and to keep from purging. Do you know why you are going back to restricting? Did something happen, or has something been going on lately? If you can figure out why you went back to restricting, you might be able to stop it now. You might also want to try talking to someone, like a counselor, who can help you. You don't have to this alone, so reach out and just hang in there.

If you need anything, feel free to pm me.

She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.

Smile through the tears.

PM me

Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Kyeto-X Offline
Angel without a Halo
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Will

Re: Is it back.. - July 6th 2010, 08:57 PM

Like i said before, hun, you didn't tell your doctor EVERYTHING before. They just think that your weight and appetite loss is a result of your meds. I, on the other hand, KNOW better. That is why your doctors don't know what to do. You need to be honest with your health professionals no matter what.

Personally, I think that ED's like alcoholism, drug addictions, and other behavioral illnesses are chronic. Meaning you can't just "get rid of them for good". It takes ALOT to break a behavior, and even more to break a thought pattern. Just remember the people who care and love you *cough*ME*cough* and be open with them. Like Esther said, keeping yourself entertain and monitored during and after a meal might be the best option right now for you. Breaking the habit of purging and not eating is the primary symptom. Remembering those who love you no matter what *cough*ME*cough* is the secondary step.

"One of the things I regret the most of being able to imagine anything,
is having to fear nothing"

"Realty is a lot more malleable then most people think.
They just refuse to believe that they can do anything about it."

"If a simple electron has a small,
but nonzero chance of doing the impossible,
what is stopping us from doing the same thing?"

-Wise Sayings from a Raving Lunatic
Follow me and my new book on Facebook!
  Send a message via Skype™ to Kyeto-X 
Closed Thread