TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I!zjaayees Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Exclamation Three meals? - July 14th 2010, 05:09 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of eating disorders, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Well I've been going through bulimarexia for about 3 years now. The last time i purged was almost six months, but I still struggle with eating 3-6 meals a day.Eg. yesterday I ate 3 panacakes,1 1/2 sausages and 2 small chicken wings and a half a piece of fish. Is that enough? I have daily plans and eating three meals is on that, but stil... is that enough?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Open my eyes
Average Joe

Name: Esther

Re: Three meals? - July 14th 2010, 06:37 PM

Hi
Well I'd say your body needs more food, but you've been through ED for so long, so I think you're doing pretty good.
If you don't feel like eating more, try to drink some fruit juice, it'd help a bit to your daily intake
Congratulations for those 6 months
All the best xx

Fear Cuts Deeper Than Knives

"And if you told me 'go to the hell', I'd tell you I know pretty well that place"
  Send a message via MSN to Ess The Morgenstern * Send a message via Skype™ to Ess The Morgenstern * 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Squid

Re: Three meals? - July 14th 2010, 09:48 PM

Hey I am not too familiar with Eating Disorders but yes, that seems like enough. Though you should eat a few vegetables as well for a balanced diet

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Mikey Offline
Average Joe

Re: Three meals? - July 15th 2010, 12:15 AM

I think I'd like to add on to MostlyHarmless's post;
Firstly, I think it's wonderful that you are putting effort and hard work into recovery. I wish you congratulations on your achievements and good luck for the future; you can do thiss. (:

But from the amount of food you listed, it's clear that your not recieving the proper nutrients and vitamins your body needs daily. I noticed you ate alot of meat/protien (which is good, don't get me wrong) but no fruit and vegetables. I couldn't track the appropriate food servings for you sinse I don't know your gender, age, ect. So I thought, I'd use myself, a random teenager, for example:
Fruits and vegetables are rich in nutrients. Many are excellent sources of vitamin A, vitamin C, folate or potassium. They are low in fat and sodium and high in fiber. The Food Pyramid suggests 3 to 5 servings of vegetables each day.
Dairy Products made with milk provide protein and vitamins and minerals, especially calcium. The Food Pyramid suggests 2 to 3 servings each day.
Bread, Grain, Cereal and Pasta Products provide complex carbohydrates, which are an important source of energy, especially for a low-fat meal plan. You can make many low-fat choices from foods in this group. You'll need 6 to 11 servings of these foods in a day.

This information was found at http://www.lifeclinic.com/focus/nutrition/food-pyramid.asp
I hope this post isn't too overwhelming and provides you with a little advice.
Let me know how everything goes and you can PM me anytime.
-Mikey.

You will come to realize that what appears today to be a sacrafice will prove instead to be the greatest investment you ever made.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
annalibelle Offline
Jane Doe
Not a n00b

Name: Annabelle

Re: Three meals? - July 15th 2010, 01:24 AM

You're doing good, and congrats. Your diet should probably enclude more dairy, vegtables, and fruit, but it's good that you're eating. If you're taking vitamins that's okay too. Just as long as you get enough mutrients. Vitamin C deprevation is not pretty...

"Every mushroom cloud has a silver lining"- Owl City

(#6 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Three meals? - July 15th 2010, 01:43 AM

Hey there,

I would like to say that it is great that you are making an effort to overcome your ED. Since you have been struggling with it for so long I think that what you ate is a good start. With time and determination I am sure you will get onto a more balanced diet.

I too would suggest more fruits, veggies and dairys. There are a lot of different fruits, veggies, and dairy's out there that can make your meals a little more stable and pleasurable (although right now I am sure there is nothing pleasurable about eating.)

Are you going to a nutritionist? If so maybe you could ask your nutritionist for some meal ideas? It might help if you are given some ideas that can incorporate on your exchanges. For a while it might be hard for you to eat the whole meal but with time you will grow used to eating and you will start to deal with the feelings behind your ED.

Another thing that might be fun is talking to some friends and family about meals that they enjoy. Get the recipe and make it and then try to enjoy it. Sometimes having your friends and families involvement in recovery can help and getting meal ideas from them can help too.

I have a few different meal ideas that might help you. And if you are interested I would be more then willing to give you some ideas.

I hope this helps and if you need anything please feel free to pm me.

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread