TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
bumblebeebabe Offline
Not a n00b

Love Food, Hate Fat. - July 15th 2010, 04:20 AM

So I totally am in loooove with...food. icecream, pizza, gooey brownies, yum!!! I could eat 24/7 and used to as a kid. Then as my teen years set in, I wanted to look good so cut them out 100 percent for 6 months. Then started a once a week splurge pattern. Now I binge allll the time. And am gaining weight and embarrased. and i dont know what to do. I used to restrict and felt weak and lightheaded and barely ate but i looked smoking hot and now i look like a fat cow. I hate mirrors now!! UGH. I dont wanna leave the house and it suckkks when none of my clothes fit. HELP ME....oh plus when restricting I took it too far and cut fat too much and lost my hair and stuff so now I NEED fat and cant stop when i eat the fat im supposed to eat. UGH.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
bumblebeebabe Offline
Not a n00b

Im Obsessed with Food, yet thin. - July 15th 2010, 06:26 AM

im thin but love food and am eating alot now that its summer and gaining. ahh. help?????? i wanna eat sweets and stuff and look sweet in a bikini if possible.....

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Steph-O
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Stephanie

Re: Love Food, Hate Fat. - July 15th 2010, 07:27 AM

I understand what you are going through... this is not helathy though... you need to focus on eating balanced meals. Don't try to restrict yourself so much or you will continue to binge and then fast... that's just the way the body works. When you starve yourself like that, when you eat those things, your brain triggers extreme hunger cuz it thinks you are in the middle of a famine. You really should speak to your doctor about this and ask them what a good weight would be for you. Eat regular meals and get in tune with your hunger signals. You may gain a little more weight before you lose it because your body will be extra hungry for a while, so try not to over indulge durring the times when you are super hungry, and don't skimp on meals when you arent feeling that hungry. This is not a good cycle to get into AT ALL, so nip it in the bud before it gets worse.

Like a diet of the mind, I just choose not to indulge certain appetites; like my appetite for patterns; perhaps my appetite to imagine and to dream. - A Beautiful Mind

I met Steven October 3rd, 2008. We've been practically inseperable ever since. ♥
  Send a message via AIM to darkinnocenteyes Send a message via Skype™ to darkinnocenteyes 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Open my eyes
Average Joe

Name: Esther

Re: Im Obsessed with Food, yet thin. - July 15th 2010, 07:41 AM

hey
well, I'd tell you to eat what you feel like. You want sweets, eat sweets, but try to do it with moderation. I have friends who look really amazing and they eat like 15 lollipops a day O_O so don't worry that much, just try to do some sport
Try to find some distraction to keep your mind away from food.
Keep in your mind that you can't overeat and be thin... what's more, overeating isn't healthy. If you love yourself, you want to be healthy, don't you?
I know you can do this
All the best xx

Fear Cuts Deeper Than Knives

"And if you told me 'go to the hell', I'd tell you I know pretty well that place"
  Send a message via MSN to Ess The Morgenstern * Send a message via Skype™ to Ess The Morgenstern * 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Open my eyes
Average Joe

Re: Love Food, Hate Fat. - July 15th 2010, 07:58 AM

hey
as Stephanie said, when you cut down on eating those foods, you crave for them.
I'd tell you to eat them when you feel like. It happened to me as well... I used to be anorexic and then I became bulimic because I couldn't stand the diet anymore and then I put on loads of weight. Bulimia isn't something you'd want.
Try to eat regular meals. Never ever skip breakfast, what's more, I heard if you have proteines for breakfast (eg. eggs) you're less likely to binge.
try to know the calories you need for the day and plan meals according to that
Stop 'dieting' thoughts, diets don't work
I think you have a all-or-nothing thought, I mean, if you eat something fatty you 'ruined' your day, so you binge, if you eat healthy, then you're 100% healthy, so no fat allowed, is it like that?
I suggest you to mix both, and get a balanced meal from that. Try to eat a sugarfree ice cream a day, those are healthy (well, not all of them) and if you want pizza once in a while, just go for it.
Do some sport, walking is good to start! so is swimming and cycling. BUT do it moderately. Sport helps you to be fit.
All the best xx

"And if you told me 'go to the hell', I'd tell you I know pretty well that place"
  Send a message via MSN to Ess The Morgenstern * Send a message via Skype™ to Ess The Morgenstern * 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
bumblebeebabe Offline
Not a n00b

SICK OF THIS. - July 15th 2010, 08:29 AM

food runs my life. all i think about is food and my weight. what i wanna eat versus what i should eat. i can eat a whole pizza or cake by myself. yet be a pretty low weight. actually was underweight so am kinda struggling to find a happy medium. but idk im just sick of all this pressure to be "normal"....apparentlty eating tons of apples and yogurt and carrots isnt....and i wanna be "normal" persay. and my dads now worried. cuz ill binge and have a huge stomach and i have a low weight as i said soooo its really noticeable when i binge on foods like a whole pizza followed by bowl after bowl of cereal. i HAVE to eat fat and carbs to be balanced. so how can i do this without wanting to binge? because when i eat fat, i want more more more. ugh. i reallly wish we didnt need to eat in order to live and size was not an issue, everything would be so much simpler.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Open my eyes
Average Joe

Re: SICK OF THIS. - July 15th 2010, 10:34 AM

eat 'healthy' fats, like using olive oil to cook, pork or lamb meat, full fat milk/yogurt which have natural fats etc, because what you're eating is saturated fats and those are pretty unhealthy.
Also look at what it contains, many products have something addictive :/
Maybe you have a fast metabolism and that's why you're underweight BUT naturally skinny people is beautiful, because you're like this, nothing can change and it's not a good idea to force yourself to be something you aren't mean to be.
Binging isn't the solution, at least you know that
All the best xx

(#8 (permalink)) Old
bumblebeebabe Offline
Not a n00b

Healthy Plan - July 15th 2010, 10:55 PM

Ive restricted. Binged. Abused laxatives. Overexercised. Cut carbs. Cut out all but fruit. Etc etc. Whats a normal diet? whats healthy for a teen who wants a healthy yet slim figure? if you could have fat in the plan, thatd be great as I need a diet with fat as Im low on fat. Too low.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Steph-O
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Stephanie

Re: Love Food, Hate Fat. - July 16th 2010, 05:28 AM

Go to MyPyramid.gov... they will tell you exactly what you should eat.
Also when you eat your fat... AVOID sugar as much as you can because sugar makes you binge, that and refined carbohydrates like white bread... avoid those things as much as you can. I know you like cake and icecream, and stuff but if you can't just eat a small portion of that stuff right now without binging on it, then I would avoid it for a while until you feel like you can. Don't get discouraged when you binge either, or if you eat a little too much... it's ok. Don't think, well I already messed up my diet today so I might as well keep eating. That's what I always used to do. Really try to pound it into your skull that all the stuff you like wont make you fat, cuz it wont if you eat nice small portions. At one point in my ED I had this exact same question. WHAT THE HECK IS A NORMAL DIET? lol... so I understand. You can PM me with any questions you have and I'll do my best to help.

Like a diet of the mind, I just choose not to indulge certain appetites; like my appetite for patterns; perhaps my appetite to imagine and to dream. - A Beautiful Mind

I met Steven October 3rd, 2008. We've been practically inseperable ever since. ♥
  Send a message via AIM to darkinnocenteyes Send a message via Skype™ to darkinnocenteyes 
Closed Thread