TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jenna-Louise Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Ana's Friend - July 16th 2010, 08:32 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of eating disorders, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

My beautiful friend Samantha, so full of life and hope and happiness, one day made friends with ANA, and this turned her into a darkened shell of her original being. Her weight plummeted until she collapsed. Still even then calories where such an evil sin, they made you fat, they made you ugly. All Ana's fault. Even water was a sin, it had a single calorie in and that was too much for her

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jen Offline
Dance in the rain
I've been here a while

Name: Jen

Re: Ana's Friend - July 16th 2010, 11:58 PM

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. It can be incredibly deadly and truly destroy a person's personality when they have an eating disorder. I hope that throughout her struggle you're remembering to take care of yourself, too.

<3

"Do not ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

“if nothing changed, there’d be no butterflies”

Send a message via MSN to Jen  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Open my eyes
Average Joe

Name: Esther

Re: Ana's Friend - July 17th 2010, 08:07 AM

I'm sorry for Sam. An ED takes your mind as well, it makes you act like this. All you can do for her is show her you love her. Never leave she alone because it'd make her be closer to Ana. Try to encourage she to eat and never comment on her looks.
It's nothing much you can do, just hope she realizes what she's doing to herself.
I hope she'll be ok.
All the best xx

Fear Cuts Deeper Than Knives

"And if you told me 'go to the hell', I'd tell you I know pretty well that place"
  Send a message via MSN to Ess The Morgenstern * Send a message via Skype™ to Ess The Morgenstern * 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Elliee Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Ellie

Re: Ana's Friend - July 17th 2010, 10:05 AM

I'm sorry about your friend. It can be pretty hard for someone from the outside to understand what is going on in there head. The best thing you can do is just be there for her. But remember to look after yourself as well.

Closed Thread