TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
WhoAmI? Offline
Not a n00b

Post Do I have an ED? I'm scared. - July 22nd 2010, 05:26 AM

So on the ninth of July, 2010 I decided to go on a severe diet of [Edited by Casey.:Removing numbers]per day. I was [Edited] and crashed down to [Edited] in one month (the first/last time I checked my weight it was 7/14/2010, I do not own a scale so I used one at the mall both before I started dieting and the same one when I found my results. I am not sure if I've lost weight since then.) I feel like I've gained weight instead of losing weight! I've started walking a lot and jogging in place for 30 minutes each and I feel really weird and I hate this feeling and I've binged a couple of times (but felt awful about it) and I feel like I need this feeling and I'm not sure what this feeling is. I really still need to lose [Edited]. Could I have an eating disorder or am I being silly in my suspicions and going through what every dieter goes through?

Last edited by Casey.; July 23rd 2010 at 02:18 AM. Reason: Please do not post weight figures, they are against the TOS.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough

Name: Casey

Re: Do I have an ED? I'm scared. - July 23rd 2010, 02:24 AM

We cannot diagnose you, as we are not medical professionals. However, no, that is not normal for dieting. Crashing dieting often leads to eating disorders, and is not good for you. You need to eat at least three good meals a day to be healthy, and if you are going to start a diet, you should always check with your doctor first. Also, it's better to eat right and exercise than it is to crash diet. Talk to your doctor. They can tell you if you need to lose weight, and how to do it healthily.

If you need anything, feel free to pm me.

She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.

Smile through the tears.

PM me

Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
Closed Thread