TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

This on and off again is getting annoying - July 22nd 2010, 08:49 AM

What I mean by that is I can go weeks with eating pretty much nothing or nothing at all that s\day and then after those days are over and I eat something I fucking can't stop eatting my stomich hurts because it's so damn hungry and it's annoying the crap out of me right now and the worse part is I'm on a diet my whole family is so I can't eat because I have to stick to what the book says even though I'm younger then the target of the people there reting to help.

I've posted in this forum so many times about can't eat or can't stop eatting or how I don't know how to talk about this to my counclor. I have NOT been diagnosed with and eating disorder personally but since I stopped cutting I have had symptoms of an eatting disorder all I know is that it comes and goes but latley it hasn't gone away and I know it can get a lot worse believe me I love studying about this it intrests me anyways I just don't want these habits anymore but they won't go away. I don't even try not to eat it just happens the next thing I know it's like 4 and I haven't eaten anything.

Can someone please help me? Sorry if I sound like a whinny little kid im just fustrated.

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Open my eyes
Average Joe

Name: Esther

Re: This on and off again is getting annoying - July 22nd 2010, 09:53 AM

well if you don't eat, then your body asks for food and makes you binge. It's hard to stop eating then because your body doesn't know if you're going to deprive it of food again or not.
You have to eat regular meals and don't skip them. it may takes some time for your body to readjuste, but it will with time. You should stop dieting. The dieting thoughts don't help at all. Don't forbid any food, it just make things worse.
And talk to your councilor, he/she is there to help you, don't be afraid.

Fear Cuts Deeper Than Knives

"And if you told me 'go to the hell', I'd tell you I know pretty well that place"
  Send a message via MSN to Ess The Morgenstern * Send a message via Skype™ to Ess The Morgenstern * 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Jen Offline
Dance in the rain
I've been here a while

Name: Jen

Re: This on and off again is getting annoying - July 24th 2010, 03:19 PM

You're not being whiny--eating disorders are really tricky and frustrating. Since you've posted about this before, I think by now you do understand why your body turns to binging after you've restricted, so I won't get into that again. But I will remind you that you NEED to talk to your counselor. I know it seems hard, but it's something you just need to do. If bringing it up seems too hard for you, try writing a letter--something people have found really successful in the past. Then you can just give it to your counselor, or read out loud. I KNOW you can do this.

Take care of yourself.
<3

"Do not ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

“if nothing changed, there’d be no butterflies”

Send a message via MSN to Jen  
Closed Thread