TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
LovesMeNot Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Laura

Any Advice? - July 29th 2010, 02:57 PM

Hello, so i have been anorexic for a little while now...My parents are worried about me and so are the few friends that know about my problem. I really want help, i do, but its been really hard for me..I really want to be healthy again for my family, but i don't know how anymore..when i look in the mirror i see all this..fat on me..and when i look at the food all i see is more and more fat..help?..

EDIT: also i have not been puking for 2 weeks ish now..so i have gotten better a little..

"My ship went down
In a sea of sound
When I woke up alone
I had everything
A hand full of moments
I wished I could change
and a tounge like a nightmare
That cut like a blade
In a city of fools
I was careful and cool
but they tore me apart like a hurricane
A hand full of moments
I wished I could change
but I was carried away

Give me therapy
I'm a walking travesty
But I'm smiling on everything
Therapy you were never a friend to me
and you can keep all your misery"

Last edited by LovesMeNot; July 29th 2010 at 07:25 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Apollo Offline
LiveStrong™
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Apollo

Re: Any Advice? - July 29th 2010, 09:15 PM

Laura,

I don't have personal experience with eating disorders, but I have a close friend of mine that had one. I know how hard it is, just from watching her struggle through all of it. I feel as if it's a thing that stays with you for your whole life even after you're recovered. Anyways, a lot of people have body image issues and you are definitely not alone. Different things can cause this problem; abuse, bullying, etc. After you get to the point, where you are, it's hard to pull yourself out of it. Food will not make you "fat". You need to find that happy-medium, like, eating when you're hungry and stopping when you aren't - no binging/purging. In my opinion, nobody can recover from an eating disorder without support from friends, family, or therapist/counselor. I know it's hard, but I think it may be in your best interest to talk to a doctor, family member, best friend, or somebody else that could support and get you help. It takes true strength to ask for help, really. You said you wanted to get better for your family, so there is one motive. I'm sure you have a lot of others.

There are many people who want to help you and want to see you get better. Take the first step and you'll be fine. And remember, relapse is okay as long as you realize it was a mistake. Good luck and don't be afraid to talk to me or anybody else here.

-Apollo

Always feel free to contact me.
<3 |.YOU ARE LOVED.| <3

.TOMORROW IS A NEW DAY.

You may think the world is better off without you...
The truth:
The world isn't
good enough without you.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Any Advice? - July 29th 2010, 11:15 PM

Hey there,

I am glad you are reaching out for help and I am glad you have the support of your parents and friends. That will help you deal with all of this.

Now, I think it is a positive sign that you want to be healthy, however, I know the toll an ED can take and I know how difficult it can make getting better be. But I want you to know that you can beat it. It will be a long road full of many twist and turns and to be honest things might get worse before they get better but you can overcome it.

Now, one suggestion I would like to make is that you look into getting into a treatment center. Those places can be really helpful. They will give you meal support, a meal plan, group therapy, individual therapy, family therapy. You will get a lot of care and understanding. They will help you to get the tools you need to recover and they will help you and your family and friends better understand the ED.

It will be a scary step to take but I think it could help quite a bit.

Going at this alone without help from therapists and doctors is going to be really hard and I encourage you not to go at it alone. Instead open up and get some therapy and doctors so that you can overcome this and live life to the fullest.

Best of luck,

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
LovesMeNot Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Laura

Re: Any Advice? - July 30th 2010, 08:12 PM

Thank you, and i have recently talked to my parents about getting me to go get some proffesional help with my abuse and anorexic and other issues. My dad is going to start getting me some help after our camping trip i think. I am not sure if my dad knows about my anorexia but i know my mom does, and i know she wants to help me get better. I have been trying very hard to keep myself eating at least once a day and not always skipping meals like i usually do. I was wondering because i normally do not eat as much as i do today, because i ate more than usual which was two meals earlier in the day, i felt barfy and kept gagging and struggled to keep my food down. Is that normal?

"My ship went down
In a sea of sound
When I woke up alone
I had everything
A hand full of moments
I wished I could change
and a tounge like a nightmare
That cut like a blade
In a city of fools
I was careful and cool
but they tore me apart like a hurricane
A hand full of moments