TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
floatingangel Offline
Junior TeenHelper

drained.. - February 16th 2009, 01:26 PM

i've gone quite a while without throwing up what i eat....
but have started doing again about a week ago.... and i just feel so drained and energy-less, and sick and tired all the time..
i know the obvious answer is to stop throwing up.. but i really can't help it..
things are also going terribly wrong in my life, and right now, the thought of ending it is just so enticing...
i don't know how long i can do this..

and the voice of truth tells me a different story
the voice of truth says "do not be afraid"

(#2 (permalink)) Old
eunoia Offline
(n) beautiful thinking
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jes

Re: drained.. - February 16th 2009, 02:11 PM

Hey there,

It sounds like things are pretty rough for you, right now. I'm sorry. Life can feel so overwhelming. Try to remember, though, when your days are rough, that tomorrow is a new day.

Do you see a therapist? If not, it may be something to consider. You could also visit your school's counselor. Is there anyone else in your life who acts as a support system for you? Family or friends. Lean on them, reach out to them, it's okay to need their help and okay to ask. You deserve all of the support you can get.

I know it might feel impossible, but I know you can do it. Stay strong. Let me know if you need anything at all.

Someday I will be strong enough to lift not one but both of us.
I told you to be patient
I told you to be fine
I told you to be balanced
I told you to be kind

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Tieko

Re: drained.. - February 16th 2009, 02:19 PM

Hey

Bulimia is a tough, and complicated issue. I don't know what your reasons for doing it are exactly, but maybe hearing about other's stories will help?

I was always a pudgy boy growing up, and I hated sports throughout school so it didn't wear off. Not to say I didn't exercise, I loved to run. It just didn't offset my love of chocolate <3
Anyways, so when I got into highschool I really started to get down on myself, especially after my girlfriend and I broke up. She insists it had nothing to do with me, but I always felt if I was thinner I could have enticed her to stay more. (Not to say she left, we're best friends now)
Anyways, so in the summer I started to throw up to try and revert to a slimmer form. It went on for about 2 months, but then I stopped because it wasn't practical. My family was always around so I couldn't sneak away to be alone without being heard.
Ever since that it's been off and on, once I went to a restaurant with my friends and came home and felt really fat. So I told my parents I was going to go for a 'run' which I did, but first I ran to my park's forest and found a nice little cove to well... ya (it was raining at the time so it would a wash away).

Anyways, I dunno if that might set the foundation for the advice I'm about to give but we'll see. The first thing I would like to say is that there are other ways to lose weight. I am thin now, (some of my friends say I'm too thin, and get a little freaked when I talk about liposuction). One thing I would really recommend is vegetarianism - not only do you get to save the little furry critters, but its a healthier and low cal diet. Being a girl, you do not need a lot of proteins so you wouldn't have to eat lot of the fatty nuts that have proteins (which is what makes some vegetarians fat). You'd just need to make sure you ate lots of dark greens (Spinach salad <3) to get your iron. Vegetarianism has helped me lose weight, and just pushing eating from the mind. Not to become anorexic, but like only eat when you have to eat. Otherwise a piece of fruit will suffice.

You comment and say you can't help it. Very well, we'll say you can't for the moment. May I suggest what I call a 'buddy system'? I can imagine you're not someone who's going to throw up in front of someone, so whenever you feel like you need to throw up, go talk to someone, hang out or go online to chat. Anything that can distract you from the thought.

And lastly... well... --hugs--.
Life is not fair, but it is what we have before us. I know it can be tough, I'm struggling with sexuality issues at the moment myself, but you can live and if you push on long enough you'll realize how grateful you are that you did.
For every one thing that goes wrong in your life, there is one more thing you know you can beat. Learn from what's going on around you and perhaps that can help you build to an even stronger character.
Good luck

(#4 (permalink)) Old
floatingangel Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: drained.. - February 17th 2009, 01:24 PM

ya i've a counsellor.. but doesn't help much i guess... my family just don't want to hear about this, and they don't know how to handle my problems, and i don't want to bother them right when they thought i was getting better.
sigh..
and haha i AM a vegetarian. and i don't think this is about losing weight as much as it is an addiction... actually i'm not so sure myself.

and the voice of truth tells me a different story
the voice of truth says "do not be afraid"

Closed Thread