TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Megan

I NEED to stop obsessing! - August 8th 2010, 06:54 AM

I obsess over my weight/looks ALL of the time. I can't help it. It's really hard... I mean, I hate how I look, and I wish I could lose some(actually a lot) of weight... I feel like when I eat people look at me and wonder why I'm eating.... but I know that's not true, becuase when I don't eat with my friends, they like yell at me and stuff... It's just the part of me that obsesses doens't really understand... I just NEED to stop obsessing over this, becuase I know it's not helping.. I mean I haven't been purging and I HAVE been eating(mostly healthily too!) but when I do, I hate myself a little more... WTF is wrong with me?! Will I EVER stop obsessing over it?!

You were created to love and be loved.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Spirit. Offline
Run free
I've been here a while

Name: Kaveri

Re: I NEED to stop obsessing! - August 8th 2010, 07:59 AM

Hi Megan,
I'm kinda like you. I obsess way too much about my weight too. I hate how I look. But you know what changed it all? I don't let others negative views bring me down. I eat as much as I want, but because I know I obsess over the fact that I have flabby thighs and a fat butt, I make myself do something about it, like little activities during the day, like yoga, or just walking to the store, hanging out the laundry, that keeps me more or less in shape. If you really don't like what you see, change it. But also know that you are beautiful as you are! (: No matter what anyone might say!
Little activities that burn calories really help! It's okay to eat whatever you want. Just remember that you have to feel good about it. If you're not feeling good when you are going to eat, don't eat. If you feel happy when you're going to eat, then go ahead and eat. It's a little psychology trick. Alot of food assimilation depends on your mood and state of mind! (:

~Through the wind and the rain she stands hard as a stone
In a world that she can't rise above.
But her dreams give her wings and she flies to a place where she's loved.

Concrete Angel

"And so I grew from colt to stallion
As wild and as reckless as thunder over the land.
Racing with the eagle, soaring with the wind.
Flying? There were times I believed I could."

HelpLINK Mentor - 2.4.2011
LiveHelp Operator - 18.6.2011

Send a message via MSN to Spirit. Send a message via Skype™ to Spirit. 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough

Name: Casey

Re: I NEED to stop obsessing! - August 9th 2010, 12:28 AM

The simple answer is maybe. It's extremely hard to stop obsessing over your weight and what you eat. If you can get your mind into a recovery mindset, then chances are, eventually you will stop obsessing, or at least obsess less. To be honest, some people who are fully recovered still worry about their weight and watch what they eat, they have just learned to handle the irrational thoughts and block them out. Until you are comfortable with your body, and accept it the way it is, it's going to be extremely difficult to just stop obsessing, especially if you are still doing disordered behaviours, or even just disordered thinking. There is nothing wrong with you, obsessing is quite normal for people who have ED's or ED-like behaviour.

I hope this makes some sense, just hang in there, and if you need anything, feel free to pm me.

She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.

Smile through the tears.

PM me

Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
phoenixsrmc Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Lily

Re: I NEED to stop obsessing! - August 9th 2010, 01:44 AM

I have been reading a book called "Change Your Mind Change Your Body" by Dr. Amen and it opened me a lot to things I didn't think about or things that I knew about but didn't really recognize. I am obsessed too, but I feel as though this book helped me a lot to change my attitude about my body and change my lifestyle that would allow me to enjoy it. Maybe it can help you too

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/030...QMS640WFNQ4WRP

You can lose yourself. Everything. All boundaries. All time.

And just when the sweet confusion is so intense you think you're gonna die... you kind of do.

Leaving you alone in your separate body, but the one you love is still there.

That's a miracle.

You can go to heaven and come back alive. You can go back anytime you want with the one you love.

.Lily.
former HelpLink Mentor.
email me anytime <3

Closed Thread