TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lil'OrphanAnnie Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Rose

binging - August 13th 2010, 07:55 PM

ive been eating sooo much lately. i havent been gaining weight, but i still feel awful. i dont know what to do. ive been trying to starve myself, but it just doesnt seem to be working. i just want to stop eating! i feel so ugly and disgusting after i eat. i just want to be beautiful and thin. what do i do?

The Unicorn
-The beautiful white horse with the magical horn that heals. <3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jen Offline
Dance in the rain
I've been here a while

Name: Jen

Re: binging - August 14th 2010, 10:46 PM

Rose,

Part of the issue is that you are starving yourself. When you restrict your intake, it leads your body to be super deprived of food, and therefore crave food, and binge. I know it might seem counter-intuitive, but if you eat more often, and more regularly, you will be less likely to binge. There have been a lot of posts in this forum about binging--it might be helpful to do a search and read through some of them and some of the advice given.

Also, the more that you tell yourself that you are fat and ugly, the more you will believe it. Maybe you're not yet at a point where you like your body--but try, as hard as you can, to stop the negative self-talk. Put the focus on your day, and activities (like seeing friends, reading a book, going outside, etc.) and not into your looks. You'll start to see that you can do other things and be happy, regardless of your body.

Take good care of yourself.

"Do not ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

“if nothing changed, there’d be no butterflies”

Send a message via MSN to Jen  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Laura

Re: binging - August 16th 2010, 02:39 AM

I completely agree with Jen. Take it from someone with experience, restricting will almost always lead to binging. It's a hard cycle to get out of, but you actually feel better when you eat more often and regularly. You feel better physically and mentally.

Try to do three positive affirmations a day. This is when you get a piece of paper, and write three good things about yourself (it helps if one is physical), and you put it on your mirror. I know that's really helped me in the past with starting to change your mindset. Good luck and PM me any time.

Closed Thread