TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Unhappy My birthday party. - August 19th 2010, 11:54 AM

Okay, so I'm having a birthday party, which means the normal bad for your party food. I mean, yeah, we're gonna have like veggies and stuff, but I'm just nervous. Since my moods are alwasy so up and down, IDK if I'll be fine to eat normally, not wanting to eat, or wanting to binge. I know if I don't eat, 2 of the people I invited know and they'll judge me hard core. I also know if I purge, everybody'll hear, and it'll be bad. I just don't want FOOD to ruin my freaking birthday! It's not fair that it has such control over me!!!! I just want to be able to have a peice of pizza and cake and NOT hate myself! I'm scared. I don't know how to handle this.

You were created to love and be loved.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Autumuse Offline
Autumn Leaves
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: My birthday party. - August 21st 2010, 03:33 AM

Hello! I'm sort of going through an eating disorder too. Please promise not to purge! Even though I haven't ever purged before, it's not good for you and people will notice and say the same. If you feel happy, try eating a full slice of pizza and see how you feel. If you're up to it, try a bit of cake! If not, pass on it, saying you're too full. If you're in a bad mood, perhaps a half a slice will suffice? Who knows, you may feel better and want to grab the other half!
Are you concerned with caloric intake? [Edited by Jen] I wouldn't be worried about a thing though; it's a party and you deserve to spoil yourself even if its just a little!

Remember not to purge and enjoy!

Waiting for autumn...

Last edited by Jen; August 21st 2010 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Please do not post weight/calorie numbers; it's against the Terms of Service.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
phoenixsrmc Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Lily

Re: My birthday party. - August 21st 2010, 04:59 AM

It's your birthday!! Why worry about food? Think of it this way, you'll be too busy having fun and having an awesome birthday to purge/not eat/worry about food in general. Don't care about what other people think - eat when you're hungry. Stop eating when you're full. Simple as that

You'll end up eating a pizza slice and some chips and then burn it all off on the dance floor!!! (or other high energy activity)

Birthdays are there to be celebrated and you should definitely enjoy yours

You can lose yourself. Everything. All boundaries. All time.

And just when the sweet confusion is so intense you think you're gonna die... you kind of do.

Leaving you alone in your separate body, but the one you love is still there.

That's a miracle.

You can go to heaven and come back alive. You can go back anytime you want with the one you love.

.Lily.
former HelpLink Mentor.
email me anytime <3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Re: My birthday party. - August 22nd 2010, 01:58 AM

Thank you both! Actually, I was in a mood where I didn't care as much about weight/food(thank God! Haha... it comes and goes sometimes) I just tried to keep myself happy and reminded myself that I was having fun with my friends. Hahah.

You were created to love and be loved.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
emma01 Offline
Hello :D
I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: My birthday party. - August 22nd 2010, 04:57 AM

I totally know how you feel! Although I have had more problems with going to OTHER people's birthday parties, I went to one today, and there was chips and either chicken nuggets, fish or hot dogs...im a vegetarian and I do not really feel like chips. I did manage a bit of cake but im not like a big cake person! But when we got our party bags there were little chocolates in them and I ate them!
But I would try not to worry, if your friends are anything like mine they will understand, my friends were very good about how I acted today, and I mean I still have to get up to eating at parties in front of heaps of people. I will get there though!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Sarahh9 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Sarah

Re: My birthday party. - August 23rd 2010, 05:43 AM

I know what its like to not want to eat in front of people, and I know it doesnt seem like it, because Ive been through it, but one day wont kill you. It probably wont even affect your weight. Try not to think about it too much, and focus on the party and other people while youre eating. Eat one thing at a time, and take a break between each to gauge your emotions before it gets too out of control one way or the other. Happy birthday!

Closed Thread