TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Mikey Offline
Average Joe

Diet Pills? - August 25th 2010, 05:37 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of eating disorders, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Guess who's apporaching eighteen.. so she can get some things she's always wanted. (: Finally.

But I was wondering if anyone has tried any sort of diet pills?
Example: What brand were they? Did you have to eat with them? What were the noticeable results? Did they work? Were there any side effects to taking diet pills?

Btw. Please don't post weight numbers that you lost - thank you. If any TH staff member has a problem with this thread, please PM me and happily I'll change it. I hope this follows the rules.

You will come to realize that what appears today to be a sacrafice will prove instead to be the greatest investment you ever made.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jen Offline
Dance in the rain
I've been here a while

Name: Jen

Re: Diet Pills? - August 25th 2010, 03:06 PM

Hey Mickayla,

Happy almost birthday

The truth is, Mickayla, diet pills are really dangerous. They do NOT work.

If, for your body, it would be healthy to lose weight (i.e. If a doctor told you that you need to lose weight) then there are healthy ways to go about it.

But given your previous threads in this forum, I don't think that a doctor would recommend for you to lose weight...it sounds like you are really struggling, and using diet pills would be just another ED behavior. For that reason, we're not going to encourage you to use diet pills, or give you a lot of information about them, because that would essentially be helping you give into your ED, you know?

I am going to close this thread, because while I know you are just looking for information, we are on a very fine line here between just giving innocent information and giving pro-ED information. But, if you (or anyone) disagrees, just send me a PM! And don't hesitate to start any new threads in the future; if you are having a hard time, or are feeling the urge to use ED behaviors, that's definitely something that could be helpful to talk about.

Jen

"Do not ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

“if nothing changed, there’d be no butterflies”

Last edited by Rob; August 29th 2010 at 09:17 PM.
  Send a message via MSN to Jen  
Closed Thread