TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
theBox Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Adele

Eating patterns? - August 27th 2010, 03:39 AM

I would describe myself as fat, yet not obese. My belly does poke out quite a bit and my whole chest/body is large. Yet my arms are quite skinny (not anorexic, not fat) and my below knee area is also skinny. I would state myself as fat.

Recently, seeming as it is the school break, I have been eating less. One reason is there isn't much food in the house that I can cook/that's not in date and also because I tend to sleep too much to actually eat.

When I went to school I ate about cereal, 2 bacon rolls, a milkshake, a meal that's quite large and also a lot of juice. Then just as I break up for my break I eat about three biscuits a day and 10 bottles of water (if not more!). Now I eat one meal a day which I never leave the plate clean of and I have about three glasses of juice.

My gut is always tensing and when it does growl I do try to find something to eat. When I do eat I feel sick so even the thought of food puts me off but I tell myself I have to eat - deep down I do want to eat.

I'd just like some advice on what I can do. I am looking to lose weight but starving myself wasn't my intention - even now I don't think I have lost any size on my belly.

Is this normal? Unhealthy? Tips on losing weight?

This is my first post so sorry if I seem a bit out of place, thanks.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
rfalangie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Eating patterns? - August 28th 2010, 10:02 PM

friend,
weight changes are normal in a young woman's life. We will all go up and down in weight, it is part of being a woman. So as for being normal, yes. We will go through stages where we can't get enough food and others where we feel like going days without eating. Stress, hormones, emotions, busy or not so busy schedules, etc. all play a role in our daily eating. When you are in school you eat more because the nutrition in your food powers you through your long day of thinking (your brain uses a lot of the nutrition you consume!), walking from class to class or home, and working on homework too. It is likely you would eat more. But your "bacon rolls" and other choices are not helping. People forget that bananas are as easy to take on the go as a muffin or poptarts. Try focusing on eating healthier choices but don't forget to splurge a little or it creates a binge/purse situation! If you love cake, eat a piece! But don't over do it either. Control, control, control. You might be eating less because you are sleeping more too. Try taking a lovely walk with your dog or a group of friend. It will give you something to look forward to and it's a healthy outlet for frustration. Keep in mind you are normal. Enjoy your life and your 2 arms and legs, they might not always be there.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Unknown10 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Eating patterns? - August 30th 2010, 12:49 PM

Hey,

As long as you eat healthily & exercise regularly, you should be fine. Many people have different body masses to others, some may have a smaller body mass, or some may be bigger, but it doesnt neccessarily mean your fat. You may be someone who has a lot of muscle, therefore you may see yourself as fat.

Dont worry about it, you will be okay

If you eat regularly and healthy , exercise and sleep regularly, you should be fine.

Closed Thread