TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
iloveyou5 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Question What's wrong with me? I don't know what to do? - September 13th 2010, 02:11 AM

I seriously think I need to get help, but everybody i try and talk to ignores me or laughs. I think I have an eating disorder, but I want help.
1. I have alwyas thought I've been fat or not skinny enough
2. I never can wear just a bikini at the lake or pool
3. I hate eating in front of people I never do, and if I absolutley have to I eat very little.
4. I eat breakfast skip lunch and very small dinner
5. I get disgusted by lots of foods cause they look a tad bit greasy or unhealthy.
6. I play baseball about 3-4 times a week and workout on my own everyday
7. I'm always on the scale and wearing clothes that our baggy and I'm always on a diet.
8.my friends are always trying to lose weight and it's so much pressure.

Last edited by Casey.; September 14th 2010 at 06:38 AM. Reason: Removing trigger tag to fit with the guidelines.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
hmc Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Hollie

Re: What's wrong with me? I don't know what to do? - September 13th 2010, 09:34 AM

me and you have the exact same symptoms.
I think I have an ED, but my boyfriend doesnt want to believe it
whenver I look at old pictures of myself, Im like "woow Ive gained so much weight" and he just laughs ands like "youre crazy".. but Im being serious.
I dont know if its body dysmorphic disorder, or what
but I know exactly how you feel...

(#3 (permalink)) Old
iloveyou5 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: What's wrong with me? I don't know what to do? - September 13th 2010, 11:31 PM

I know like nobody understands me and my thing with food:/ i was going to get help from a teacher today but I just couldn't. I was to scared too :/

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Sarahh9 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Sarah

Re: What's wrong with me? I don't know what to do? - September 18th 2010, 03:22 AM

I think its good you wanted to tell your teacher. Dont be scared, a lot of teachers genuinely care about their students. Or, if you are close with your guidance counselor they would be even better to talk to. He or she would probably understand the way you feel better.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
mks Offline
Here to Give Advice (:
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kathryn

Red face Re: What's wrong with me? I don't know what to do? - September 21st 2010, 11:44 PM

You have an eating disorder. It's not the end of the world. You are strong and mature to recognize your actions. Though I have not been in your situation, my older sister has.

It's hard seeing friends and/or family dealing with tough situations like these. I think your friends just aren't realizing what you are trying to say. Have a sleepover or spend the day with your closest friends and bring it up during a serious moment: when y'all are tired or bored and alone. Not during the 'hyper-moments' when y'all hang out. They won't listen.

Tell them about it, get it out of your mind. When you're ready, I'd suggest to go talk to your mom or dad. Don't think they will be dissapointed. When my sister told my parents, they were actually very very proud of her and never for one minute got mad. It's something you can't control, and you need help. Anorexia has very negative side effects. Don't let them become a part of you.

So here are the steps:
1. Begin to talk about it with your closest friends, and bring it up during an appropriate time. Ask them for advice and get it off your chest.
2. Bring it up to your parents at an appropriate time. Ask them for their help to get you through this.
3. Most likely, you may start seeing a counselor. I see one, although I have an anxiety disorder. They help a lot if you get a good one.

Good luck, and please follow this advice. You're a beautiful young woman, don't do this to yourself.

愛到永遠
"love forever"
fall down 7 times. stand up 8.

tumblr

Closed Thread