TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Don't know - October 12th 2010, 12:33 AM

I am still struggling with ED. He seems to be getting worse. I go to my therapist October 21 and I am going to talk to her about my concerns in regards to not being able to see her as regularly. I keep hoping that she will work with me somehow but it is looking like that isn't going to happen. Money is the bain of my existence at the moment...

I went in to talk to my school counselors but they haven't called me back. I will try calling them tomorrow and hopefully something will result. I get 6-8 free sessions and that might help a tad bit. I do worry that going to a new therapist I chance getting sent to the hospital or something but I need help and I have to do this.

I feel so tired all the time. I think it is a combination of the depression and my eating habits. I don't ever feel like doing anything. I have to call my psychiatrists office and ask for a doctors note for the classes I withdrew from but I don't feel like doing that. I need to call a place about support groups for my past but I just always feel too tired to do anything. Gah, I know what I need to do but my fatigue gets in the way. Not an excuse I know but it is like every time I tell myself I will do it my sadness and fatigue get in the way. I feel lazy because it is such a chore to wake up for my classes let alone make phone calls.

I haven't been eating much lately. Tonight I had a little more then usual, something a bit more substantial, and I feel sick. I don't know, whenever I eat I get a gross taste in my mouth and I just feel like puking. I know this sounds lame but the only things I can eat are sweets [licorices, chocolate, ice cream,etc] those things don't leave a disgusting taste in my mouth but, of course, I am not going to eat those.

Since I have started getting the icky taste in my mouth [started a couple months ago] I have tried brushing my teeth after meals, chewing gum, eating a small small serving of chocolate or some other candy but it does no good. I don't really know what is wrong with me. That taste makes me want to avoid food...

I don't want to have this ED. I don't want it to get any worse but I don't know what more I can do. I feel like I need to try harder but I don't know in what direction I need to go. I am working on my therapy concerns and hopefully that will be resolved by the beginning of the new year [if not sooner], I am going to look into that support group [just have to muster the strength to call], and I am going to call the school counseling office. Hopefully that will help. I just feel lost at times. I don't want to have this ED but I don't want to be fat. I have knowledge about nutrition but even when I tell myself ''this one meal isn't going to do damage'' I have trouble believing it. I feel so weak at the moment and I just don't know what to do...

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough

Name: Casey

Re: Don't know - October 14th 2010, 04:36 AM

Jenna.

I wish I knew how to fix it for you, but I don't. However, I'm here if you need anything, yeah? Also, you might want to check and see if your county has a mental health department, usually they offer free services to those who can afford them. (If you live in the States). Hang in there. <3

She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.

Smile through the tears.

PM me

Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
Closed Thread