TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
e228p Offline
Not a n00b

Name: dafpjdssf

All I want is to be perfect - October 17th 2010, 10:35 AM

Recently I've stopped eating..and when I do I feel fucking horrible. If I'm about to eat, I get this thought in my head, the word "perfect" and then I put the food down. I'm so sick of how I look, I just want to be beautiful.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Twinge Offline
Forever we'll just lay here
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Vint Fall

Re: All I want is to be perfect - October 17th 2010, 12:26 PM

to tell you the truth, i feel the same way, but i don't let it get in my way of eating and living. not that i think you're totally bad though, it's good wanting to take care of your body. there are also other good methods to provide this and still have a good figure, like veggies, fruit and green tea(most effectively), also sport activity. the key to being beautiful is to EAT healthy, not starving to death. this tortures your body and you won't get any good results.
- meaning, your body always has "leftovers" for the next... about 44 days even if you don't eat anything, or just drink water. here, i'm not telling you to not eat 44 days. you can eat preferably vegetarian too. also, if you become anorexic, that won't look perfect nor beautiful, it would look too skinny and bony, that's not pretty to me or to others. you won't have any concentration or energy to live on, your head will hurt. you won't have good looking teeth, hair, nails, they will just look weak if you don't eat. other parts of your body will look underdeveloped, not like fully attractive body.

and what can you do else? pick a role model of who you want to look like. take maria sharapova or ana ivanovic for example. they're not models(not preferably), just ordinary tennis players who look healthy and nice. they eat healthy foods for winning matches, plus they're one of the most beautiful famous women on earth. please note they DON'T skip lunches nor they felt bad about how they look because they always trained it, gyms and exercising.

hope my post helped somehow. wish you luck on recovering on your problem.
there is no such thing as perfect. if there is, we are all perfect. beauty is only skin deep

I moved back while
my head was turned.

Upside down
closer to the end.

Afraid of the dark
within future times.

I'm drowning there,
my final chase.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
emma01 Offline
Hello :D
I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: All I want is to be perfect - October 17th 2010, 10:20 PM

I used to get these feelings, the words perfect and beautiful...but I told myself that a perfect person doesn't wreck their lives by starving themselves, and a beautiful person isn't in hospital with a tube down their throat, beautiful people aren't stick thin with pale skin and thinned out hair.
This may seem kind of harsh, but Anorexia doesn't allow for beauty, it isn't beautiful, it isnt perfect and it isn't normal. Its not normal to not eat.
As well as that, Anorexia doesn't allow for friends, freedom, fun or a normal life. But a healthy diet does. A healthy diet consists of 3 main meals, with snacks in between, treats such as chocolate or icecream as a sometimes food, or a small amount each day. Healthy diets allow for meals out with friends, allows for christmas and birthdays. Healthy people are beautiful, and a healthy person is just as perfect as they will ever be.
Dont choose anorexia over healthy. Its not worth it, sure you lose weight, but you lose so many more important things.

Closed Thread