TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AmiFey Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Katie

How do I tell her..? - October 21st 2010, 02:07 AM

I want to tell the councelor at my school (the one who works with the STARS program. Not the one who actually works for the school. Ms. Sheets keeps everything confidential unless it's about suicide or abuse) about my issues involving food. I don't know if I could consider them an eating disorder, or just the beginnings of one, or just me being stupid, but a few times a week (at most five days in the week, at least two [although during those days it may happen more than once]) I'll overeat and then make myself sick, and then after that I sometimes cut back of the amount I eat. Counting calories helps me feel more in control, but.. When I feel like eating, sometimes it's hard to stop. Help please?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jen Offline
Dance in the rain
I've been here a while

Name: Jen

Re: How do I tell her..? - October 21st 2010, 08:48 PM

I think it's great that you want to talk to your counselor about what's going on; reaching out and asking for help is so important, as is being honest. In terms of what to tell her, just tell her what you wrote here; tell her about your behaviors, about your thoughts, your concerns, fears, etc. Let her know that you're not sure what to do next but you know you need help, and that you wanted to reach out to her as a safe person to talk to. That's definitely the first step for you to take; and after that, it will be her job to help you work through it. Hope it goes okay!

"Do not ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

“if nothing changed, there’d be no butterflies”

Send a message via MSN to Jen  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
loving my fiance
Not a n00b

Name: Angela

Re: How do I tell her..? - October 29th 2010, 04:31 PM

i agree go for it you can do it. Talk to her let us no how ot goes

Angela and Will 4ever
  Send a message via AIM to strength_to_surrive_si Send a message via MSN to strength_to_surrive_si Send a message via Yahoo to strength_to_surrive_si  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
radhika Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Your Friend

Re: How do I tell her..? - October 29th 2010, 05:20 PM

Dear Katie,
I can assure you that this is really a case of eating disorder, and as you think that it's the beginning, then it is the best time that you can control it. go and talk to Ms. Sheets and tell her all about it. I would even suggest that you talk to your parents about it and ask for their help. they will surely support you because you are very dear to them. this is ntirely curable in the early stages with some bit of self control and parental supervision and support.
sometimes though medical supervision too is needed in the later stages, and if not cured now you would later have to stay in hospital and under continuous supervision of doctor later.
so i suggest that you should talk to your parents first.

hope that you do.
your friend,
Radhika xx

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread