TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
bumblebeebabe Offline
Not a n00b

I Seemed Perfect to All WIth my Ed. - October 21st 2010, 12:01 PM

I was the perfect girl when I had my ED. from the outside. SKinny - one of the skinniest girls at school, smoking hot boyfriend, pretty hair, kind. But inside I was dying, short on breath, all I did was workout, think of food. It was bad. Now Im I guess cured, Ill eat burritos or candy without feeling soooo guilty and then binging and restricting the next week. The thing is, Im fat now. Like literally chubby. And i HATE it. Noone says anything but Im no longer the skinniest girl. I lost my hair due to anorexia, its coming back. Im beginning to think of things other than food but my weight is bothering me. Should I lose a few? Im afraid if i try ill slip back into ED patterns. Please give me advice without saying see a counselor. Im not gonna do that. Thanks.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough

Name: Casey

Re: I Seemed Perfect to All WIth my Ed. - October 22nd 2010, 02:28 AM

Hey there,

So, just because you can eat foods now that you couldn't before doesn't mean you are 'cured'. Actually, there is no cure for eating disorders, but you can recover from them, and it takes time to do so. Your mind still might see fat where it really isn't. Plus, if you have started trying to eat normal, then your body has to adjust to it. You will gain weight at first, but that is normal. If you are worried about your weight, talk to your doctor. They can tell you what a good weight for you is, and whether or not losing weight would be a good idea.

If you are worried about slipping, I wouldn't try dieting. Honestly, dieting is extremely hard to do normally after you've been through ED behaviours. It's best to eat healthy and to exercise normally, to just try to keep to a regular plan, not a diet.

I hope this is a bit helpful.Hang in there.

She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.

Smile through the tears.

PM me

Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Release9 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I Seemed Perfect to All WIth my Ed. - October 27th 2010, 04:52 AM

Hello
So if you have only gained a couple of pounds, let it go. The more you worry about that, the more likely your eating habits are going to come back. Eat normally and make sure you have a pattern. Limit junk food, though. That's all you need to do.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Laura

Re: I Seemed Perfect to All WIth my Ed. - October 29th 2010, 12:19 AM

I would suggest trying dieting, b/c that is a really slippery slope. Just try to stay on your plan (if you have one). Keep going through the motions, and eventually the emotions will come along. Does that make sense?

It's really amazing that you're having a better relationship with food. Just keep doing what you are doing there. The thought patterns about weight and body image may stay a little longer though. Try not to pay them attention. Notice them, acknowledge them, then set them aside.

Closed Thread