TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Katie Offline
Not a n00b

Name: kate

Question do i have an ED? - February 22nd 2009, 02:29 PM

i know that this wont be a professional diagnosis, but i want to get ppls opinions about my eating habits as to whether i might have an ED or not.

ok, so sometime ill eat fine, healthy sized portions and the right balence, and its all good, but alot of the time i go thru phases where i dont eat breakfast, olr i dont eat at all, exceept for tiny snacks when i feel like im gonna pass out. i never have milk in my tea, cos of the callories in anytype of milk, and i havent had butter in about 2 years. i can only eat certain types of snacks. i dont really like trying anything new, cos im scared of the effects itll have on my figure. i know that im a healthy size, but when i look in the mirror, all i see is the fat that i cant shift. i go for weeks on end without eating a proper meal, and then spren the next week trying unsucessfully to stop eating.
im constanly thinking bout how i can lose weight, and for about 1-2 months ill go mad with excersise, bt i never seem to see a difference.

am i making a mountion out of a molehill? please tell me if i am.

"No one can make you feel inferior with out your consent" Eleanor Roosevelt

"Come on:
Gentle my lord, sleek o'ver your rugged looks;
Be bright an jovial among your guests to-night"
(Macbeth, Act3, Scene2, William Shakespeare)

Last edited by Katie; February 22nd 2009 at 02:35 PM. Reason: posted dress size without realising i shouldn't have...sorry!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Hyper Sonic Offline
Banned
I can't get enough

Re: do i have an ED? - February 22nd 2009, 02:30 PM

You're not meant to post dress sizes on here

I'd say there is cause for concern certainly. Definitely enough to see your GP about it

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Katie Offline
Not a n00b

Name: kate

Re: do i have an ED? - February 22nd 2009, 02:38 PM

sorry bout the dress size thing...have now editied...is that better?

thank you 4 ur honesty.

im asking, cos my dad brought up some of my behaviour round food without really thinking bout it, and when i told him that a couple of my friends thought i had a problem, he just told me not to be so stupid. i just need to know if im picking up on someting that isnt really there. i have thought about going to my GP, but i have this huge fear that she'll react the same as my dad, and ill feel stupid.

x

"No one can make you feel inferior with out your consent" Eleanor Roosevelt

"Come on:
Gentle my lord, sleek o'ver your rugged looks;
Be bright an jovial among your guests to-night"
(Macbeth, Act3, Scene2, William Shakespeare)

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Chicken Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Whatzittooya

Re: do i have an ED? - February 22nd 2009, 09:13 PM

Hey

I read your post and it seems like you do have a ED because I had an eating disorder in the past and I did exatcly what you did but more into an extreme level. But you should seek a therapist or doctor if you want help on how to loose weight properly. Also starving yourself or eating just only snacks is a really bad thing because it slows down your metabolism and makes it extremely hard to burn calories and fat compared to a normal/fast metabolism.
  Send a message via AIM to Chicken  
Closed Thread