TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
LittleFish Offline
Face-eating Alien
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Se-Se

I hate my body - November 12th 2010, 12:05 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I don't have an eating disorder. At least, I don't yet. But I'm afraid I'm going to start developing one. I absolutely hate my body. I'm overweight, and it shows. My thighs are bulgy, huge, and lumpy. My stomach bulges out. My arms and legs are flabby. I have a double chin. My boobs are too big. I have stretch marks all over. Point is, I absolutely hate it. I used to be so skinny, and then I just got lazy and started eating all this shit... I tell myself that I can eat healthier and exercise more, but I always give up because it's too hard or I just stop caring. But I'm so sick of looking like this. I feel like no one could ever fall in love with me because of my body, and like even if someone loved me for my personality, they'd never want to have a physical/sexual relationship because I'm too fat. My mother tells me that I look great. But all I can see is fat and cellulite. Sometimes, I feel like I just want to stay home because I'm too ashamed of the way I look to go out in public. I just want to stop eating all together. I want to look like I did before.

Last edited by Casey.; November 15th 2010 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Changing prefix to fit with the guidelines

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: I hate my body - November 12th 2010, 12:59 AM

I have the same exact problem and it bugs me everyday.
It actually even bugs me when my boyfriend calls me beautiful, and it hurts him when I argue with him about it.
It's a tough thing. :/

(#3 (permalink)) Old
ARTPOP Offline
I've been here a while

Name: :)

Cool Re: I hate my body - November 16th 2010, 11:43 AM

You are too negitive , start looking on the better side of things and then you'll feel better about yourself and it'll show , and confidece is the best kind of beauty!
Think about how volumptuos (how horrific to spell!) you are!

ALL this means is how Curvy and gorgeous you are! You don't want an ED just read the sad stories on here and you'll see.
You need a serious confidence boost , have you considered a counciler?

If the weight really gets to you , a HEALTH KICK is in order. Swap shit (you said it not me!) for veg and fruit , wholemeal bread (om nom nom) and good sustaning meals such as pasta but swap the meaty sauce for vegetable sauces (I lovge a good veggie lasagne!) to keep you fuller longer so you can resist snacking on chocolate , crisps and sweets! Swap a bus journey or lift for walking. You'll feel great and save the planet too! It's been proven , exercise does the same job of releasiong happy horemones as choccy does! YAY!
You don't need to go bulimic or anorexic to lose weight , just do it the healthy way if you really must!
But... everyone is gorgeous in their own way
Your mother is right , you do look great , everyone does!
And there is SOMEONE out there , you just haven't found them yet , someone to love you for who you are. Not all men are vauge y'know , some don't want the babyfaced pin up girl , some love women for the INNER BEAUTY! And will want a loving relationship with you , physical and amazing!

So be happy ,and the post above this , if you have a boyfriend he MUST know and think how beautiful you are , don't let life drag you down , either of you.
Stay beautiful my lovilies!

Last edited by ARTPOP; November 16th 2010 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Typos alert!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: I hate my body - November 18th 2010, 04:54 AM

Hey there,

The first suggestion I am going to make is that you remember that you are beautiful just the way you are. I realize when you are struggling with low self esteem it can be hard to believe that but try to anyways. Maybe you could make a list of some good qualities you possess and try focusing on them instead of the 'negative' qualities you feel you have. If you have trouble making the list let your friends and family help you. Try focusing on the positive instead of the negative and it might help a bit.

As for the issues you are having with your weight; I would suggest you go talk to a doctor and see if they can help you get on a proper diet plan. If you are in need of weight loss a doctor can help you with that and if you are not a doctor can assure you that you are fine the way you are.

It sounds to me like you might just be struggling with low self esteem (Your mom tells you you are fine) so if that is the case remember to focus more on the positive. Building your self esteem can be really hard but it is possible and it will be worth it. When you love yourself no matter what it will take you a long ways.

As for a relationship; if someone would let your physical appearance get in the way of forming a relationship with you then that is on them. Most people value the emotional aspect of a relationship more then they value the physical. Yes, people are attracted to people for physical reasons but in the end relationships are built on the emotional aspect. I believe that one day you will find someone who will love you just the way you are. Don't change yourself just to make others like you. Love yourself for you and the rest will follow.

You are beautiful and don't forget that. I really hope this helped and if you need anything please feel free to use teenhelps many resources.

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#5 (permalink)) Old
ARTPOP Offline
I've been here a while

Name: :)

Re: I hate my body - November 18th 2010, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CourageousSurvivor~ View Post
Hey there,

The first suggestion I am going to make is that you remember that you are beautiful just the way you are. I realize when you are struggling with low self esteem it can be hard to believe that but try to anyways. Maybe you could make a list of some good qualities you possess and try focusing on them instead of the 'negative' qualities you feel you have. If you have trouble making the list let your friends and family help you. Try focusing on the positive instead of the negative and it might help a bit.

As for the issues you are having with your weight; I would suggest you go talk to a doctor and see if they can help you get on a proper diet plan. If you are in need of weight loss a doctor can help you with that and if you are not a doctor can assure you that you are fine the way you are.

It sounds to me like you might just be struggling with low self esteem (Your mom tells you you are fine) so if that is the case remember to focus more on the positive. Building your self esteem can be really hard but it is possible and it will be worth it. When you love yourself no matter what it will take you a long ways.

As for a relationship; if someone would let your physical appearance get in the way of forming a relationship with you then that is on them. Most people value the emotional aspect of a relationship more then they value the physical. Yes, people are attracted to people for physical reasons but in the end relationships are built on the emotional aspect. I believe that one day you will find someone who will love you just the way you are. Don't change yourself just to make others like you. Love yourself for you and the rest will follow.

You are beautiful and don't forget that. I really hope this helped and if you need anything please feel free to use teenhelps many resources.

Jenna

You are so right

I'm a superstar because I do pageants!

Closed Thread