TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
bumblebeebabe Offline
Not a n00b

Im a TOTAL freak. I BINGE used to starve. - November 16th 2010, 08:30 PM

I used to be anorexic, Stopped ate somewhat normal bigned and now binge and am fat. UGH. im depresed but love food.!!!!!!! HELP!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?! I dont wanna be anroexic but hate being huuuge.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
ARTPOP Offline
I've been here a while

Name: :)

Re: Im a TOTAL freak. I BINGE used to starve. - November 17th 2010, 07:38 AM

:O.... As far as I can tell , no one wants to be anorexic!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Open my eyes
Average Joe

Name: Esther

Re: Im a TOTAL freak. I BINGE used to starve. - November 17th 2010, 05:33 PM

I've been there myself, not so long ago thing is you can stop that. You know anorexia somehow will always be present in your life, even if you get to control it. You DON'T want to be anorexic but yet you THINK you're fat and you WANT to be skinny, am I right? and everytime you eat, you feel you lose control and you think "I've already ruined my diet, why stopping? Now I'm free to eat all I want" It's not you love food, it's because you feel sad because of eating, it can lead you to think you'll never get to be thin and food comforts you in those moments (even if you feel guilty afterwards). BUT I have to tell you that eating regular meals along the day will make you stop binging (of course, it'll be hard at the beginning). It won't make you any fatter as long as you eat healthy and balanced, and if you actually need to lose weight, then make portions a bit smaller BUT enough to fill you up, otherwise your effort won't work. You need to stop thinking about weight, it's TRIGGERING!! and you'll see it goes away after you get to eat normal amounts again and stop binging.
It needs time, but I know you can do this.
If you ever need help, don't hesitate and pm/vm me I'll be here for you

Fear Cuts Deeper Than Knives

"And if you told me 'go to the hell', I'd tell you I know pretty well that place"
  Send a message via MSN to Ess The Morgenstern * Send a message via Skype™ to Ess The Morgenstern * 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Im a TOTAL freak. I BINGE used to starve. - November 18th 2010, 04:46 AM

Hey there,

I suggest that you reach out and let people help you. I know that might be hard to do but you shouldn't have to fight this on your own. The more support you have through this the better. Do you think you could reach out to your family and friends and just ask them for support?

I agree that eating meals all throughout the day will help you immensely. If you nurture your body you will feel less desire to binge. If you eat regular, healthy, meals your cravings won't be as intense.

Bingeing is usually due to emotions so if you can work on addressing the emotions you are feeling before/during/after a binge you can slowly over come the compulsion to binge.

I really hope this helped and if you need anything feel free to use teenhelps many resources.

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread