TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AirbendingNavi Offline
She Who Walks Alone
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sittiponder

Possibly an ED? - December 2nd 2010, 08:44 PM

I despise my body. I've always envied the girls who are thin and can fit into single digit jeans. I've always been "heavy" (AKA FAT) and nothing works for me to lose weight. I've been on diets, I've exercised, ect. So, I've become desperate. I've been skipping meals. Sometimes I don't eat from one day, or sometimes two or three in a row. My longest was a week.
I've heard the horror stories and have seen first hand what eating disorders can do. Do you think I am developing one?

Last edited by AirbendingNavi; December 3rd 2010 at 02:08 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I can't get enough

Name: Cheye

Re: Possibly an ED? - December 3rd 2010, 04:19 AM

Honestly, yes, you are becoming an anorexic and/or bulimic. I know. I've been an anorexic bulimic. It's not a good thing, and the size of pants doesn't matter, it's if you're healthy. And an eating disorder is not at all healthy. I was where you are. I was always bigger and I had tried everything and nothing worked. I thought the last thing to turn to was an eating disorder, skipping meals and being upset when I ate even the littlest. For some people a lot of things don't work and a lot of people need to use different ways to lose weight. But an eating disorder is never the answer. See if you can get into a dietitian. They are trained to help people find a way that works. Mine was calorie counting. I wear [Edited} pants but I'm also 5'10'' and have big bones. I have curves and I mean yes I have a little stomach but nothing like before. Just keep trying and find what works for you but never turn to an eating disorder.

Resident old person, back from much needed, multiple year hiatus.

HelpLINK Mentor(1/28/11)Live Help Operator(5/28/11)Social Networking Team(2/9/12)Rape and Abuse Forum Moderator(2/11/12)Articles Team(7/17/12)Sex and Puberty Forum Moderator(7/28/12)Fashion and Style Forum Moderator(9/23/12)Chat Mod(10/13/12)Buddy(11/18/12)

Last edited by Casey.; December 3rd 2010 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Please do not post sizes, they are against the COC
  Send a message via MSN to Tigerlily. Send a message via Yahoo to Tigerlily. Send a message via Skype™ to Tigerlily. 
Closed Thread