TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: MUSIC IN MY HEART

Exclamation Need support and update on me - December 5th 2010, 01:29 AM

I recently have my eating disorder team being strict with me so my they can take part of the control from me , my therapist weighs me more often an makes me eat granola bars when she know I have not eaten before appointment !
And I have gained a little which freaks me out very much but then I end up loosing it again and my parents want me to gain weigh they push food at me and try to make sure I get enough nutrition in me and make sure I don't loose to much weight

I eat once a day lately ,having some extreme dizziness and headaches
My Job supervisor knows about my eating disorder and wants me to submit to her a doctors statement on my health and if there is any limitations;(is that bad) I have .
I'm a personal care assistant - my job

I eat very much less and I've been keeping in close contact with my doctor
  Send a message via AIM to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via MSN to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Yahoo to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Skype™ to Music In My Heart 120 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: Need support and update on me - December 5th 2010, 04:43 AM

I am sorry that things are going worse for you.
The most important thing you can do is listent to your doctors, and counselors. They are there for a reason. You seem to have a good support system. So utilize it. The thing I would advise, is maybe family counseling. This way your parents can know the appropriate way to help you with your recovery.

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Need support and update on me - December 5th 2010, 04:46 PM

Hi there.

Truth is at the end of the day you are in control. You can either eat healthy and help yourself get better or not, no one else can do it for you though, it has to be up to you. I think you want to get better otherwise I don't think you would you post here like you do and you are still seeing your councillor and doctor which you know, you could have stopped. But you haven't and there must be a reason for that and that's what you have to hold on to.

You know you are underweight and there are issues with eating. Now you know that and accept it, you have to decide what you are going to about it. Letting people in is always a start because you don't have to do it on your own and they can help you along the way, but the person who can help you the most is yourself. Get a plan and stick to it. A daily routine, to get up at a certain time, go to bed at a certain time. What you are going to do through out the day. Meal times. Even if you think you will benefit from it, plan what you will have for meals and plan snack times.

Has anyone said it's going to be easy? No, and it definitely won't be easy. In fact, it may just be the hardest thing you ever do, but you can either not do it and start to feel worse and get no where, or you can do it, and stick to it and get out of this and be a happier person. The feelings will be hard, but you can get through them. The only thing or person who can stop you, is you.

I hope this helps.
Jessie.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Need support and update on me - December 5th 2010, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitter View Post
I am sorry that things are going worse for you.
The most important thing you can do is listent to your doctors, and counselors. They are there for a reason. You seem to have a good support system. So utilize it. The thing I would advise, is maybe family counseling. This way your parents can know the appropriate way to help you with your recovery.
I do familycounseling it helps somewhat but easier if I do individual therapy more now
  Send a message via AIM to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via MSN to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Yahoo to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Skype™ to Music In My Heart 120 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Need support and update on me - December 5th 2010, 05:51 PM

Yes you are right and I agree with you my goal is to become a happier and healthier person .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessie'Lou View Post
Hi there.

Truth is at the end of the day you are in control. You can either eat healthy and help yourself get better or not, no one else can do it for you though, it has to be up to you. I think you want to get better otherwise I don't think you would you post here like you do and you are still seeing your councillor and doctor which you know, you could have stopped. But you haven't and there must be a reason for that and that's what you have to hold on to.

You know you are underweight and there are issues with eating. Now you know that and accept it, you have to decide what you are going to about it. Letting people in is always a start because you don't have to do it on your own and they can help you along the way, but the person who can help you the most is yourself. Get a plan and stick to it. A daily routine, to get up at a certain time, go to bed at a certain time. What you are going to do through out the day. Meal times. Even if you think you will benefit from it, plan what you will have for meals and plan snack times.

Has anyone said it's going to be easy? No, and it definitely won't be easy. In fact, it may just be the hardest thing you ever do, but you can either not do it and start to feel worse and get no where, or you can do it, and stick to it and get out of this and be a happier person. The feelings will be hard, but you can get through them. The only thing or person who can stop you, is you.

I hope this helps.
Jessie.
Closed Thread