TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
bumblebeebabe Offline
Not a n00b

I Hate Mirrors, Pictures, and Being Looked at - December 15th 2010, 08:10 PM

I hate how I look. I used to be basically anorexic. I wasnt diagnosed. I no longer am. But i miss being the tiniest girl in all my classes, tiny, fragile, perfect in a way. i ate the least, and had the least fat. But i worked out hours a day and lived on next to nothing....I wasnt healthy. I lost my hair and had no energy. Food was my life. I binge ate too so that was gross. But i was admired. I looked amazing in pics (i'd binge on a set day to be good in time for hot sexy pics with the girls) now i avoid pics, and mirrors and HATTTTE how i look. im fat now!!! i dont eat bad reallly but i just eat and stopped working out cuz im busy with school and other activities i joined and work. Idk. what do i do? my family even mentions how im chubby now and should lose weight. Or they say ill have to get new clothes FML

(#2 (permalink)) Old
concealment Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I Hate Mirrors, Pictures, and Being Looked at - December 17th 2010, 02:22 AM

When you suffer from an eating disorder, you never see yourself the way you really are. You should never go back to the habits you had before; you could kill yourself that way. I'll give you some advice I took myself and am still working on...look up your healthy weight for your height and go from there. If you're under that, you're not healthy and you need to eat more. If you're over that weight, diet and exercise in moderation is fine. Too much of either will ruin your body and cause health issues.

You should also tell your family how much their comments hurt you. I'm sure they have no idea what you're dealing with and don't understand what they're saying.

This is a day by day process. It will take time, but you will be able to deal with this. You'll get better.

Closed Thread