TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while

Name: Emily

Unhappy what do you do - December 18th 2010, 02:51 PM

If your 14 year old sister points out your weight and you feel uncomfortable with said weight? I do not currently and never have actually had an ED, however I have (more than once) tried to flip(purge). I am fairly sure she does not know but in any case two days ago she pointed my weight at twice fooling with my stomach and well I am afraid this will be back) I am a college student(home for holiday break.) This means that if I DO start trying again and do it one day, then, it will be harder for them to know.

What can I do?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
emma01 Offline
Hello :D
I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: what do you do - December 18th 2010, 06:37 PM

Well I know this will seem stupid...but just try and ignore her. Shes probably only doing it to get you to notice her, and younger sisters do say things like that, I think you are old enough to know to just ignore what she says as she is probably just doing it to annoy you!
You just always ask her to stop, but if she doesn't there isn't really much you can do. Im sure you are a beautiful weight and dont let your little sister tell you anything else

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: what do you do - December 18th 2010, 10:46 PM

I would say that you tell her that it bothers you when she does that. If she continues to do so I suggest you try talking to your parents and explain to them that it bothers you. If that doesn't work then try ignoring it. Remind yourself that you are beautiful just the way you are.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
teen spirit Offline
Average Joe

Name: Cantina

Re: what do you do - December 19th 2010, 03:15 AM

I agree with all the above. Usually when people say stuff (that bother you)-especially a sibling...it generally means that it is some sort of insecurity within them...has nothing to do with you...even though it is directed at you. It's like the 'ol saying: "misery loves company"...well, when someone is taking "shots" (comments) at you, it is because they aren't happy and if they aren't happy...then they want everyone around them to get sucked into their "unhappiness" vortex...

You know your sister better than any of us however, that is what I generally find with people who make rude comments to me...I look at where its coming from and can usually come to the conclusion of their unhappiness and insecurities within themselves...whether they care to admit it or not...

So, remember: its has everything to do with her and not you at all...

Teen Spirit

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while

Name: Emily

Re: what do you do - December 19th 2010, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teen spirit View Post
I agree with all the above. Usually when people say stuff (that bother you)-especially a sibling...it generally means that it is some sort of insecurity within them...has nothing to do with you...even though it is directed at you. It's like the 'ol saying: "misery loves company"...well, when someone is taking "shots" (comments) at you, it is because they aren't happy and if they aren't happy...then they want everyone around them to get sucked into their "unhappiness" vortex...

You know your sister better than any of us however, that is what I generally find with people who make rude comments to me...I look at where its coming from and can usually come to the conclusion of their unhappiness and insecurities within themselves...whether they care to admit it or not...

So, remember: its has everything to do with her and not you at all...
thanks, yes she too is uncomfortable with her own weight, I believe.

Closed Thread