TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: MUSIC IN MY HEART

Unhappy I can't eat an can't bring myself to I rather not eat but hungry all the time HELP please !!!!!!!!! - December 19th 2010, 12:53 AM

I've been sick and sore lately see doc on Mon

Lost my appetite and can't eat always hungry and can't brin me to eat ((
  Send a message via AIM to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via MSN to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Yahoo to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Skype™ to Music In My Heart 120 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: I can't eat an can't bring myself to I rather not eat but hungry all the time HELP please !!!!! - December 19th 2010, 01:54 AM

Hey there,

This can be a really hard thing to deal with but you can overcome it. I think it is good that you are seeing a doctor and I suggest you let them know about your struggle. Also, if you can bring yourself to eat maybe you could try drinking supplement drinks like ensure. I know when I was really struggling with my Eating Disorder my doctor suggested that I try them. They might not taste very good but they will ensure that you get some nutrition.

Also, do you think you could try to bring yourself to eat small snacks periodically throughout the day? I know it seems hard now but if you slowly work your way into eating it can get better. Small baby steps and go from there.

I hope this helped.

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I can't eat an can't bring myself to I rather not eat but hungry all the time HELP please !!!!! - December 19th 2010, 02:03 AM

My period is several weeks late to
And lightheaded alot and tire esalily and chest pains and sore ess

Scaryyyyy I m panicking horribly I m freaking hungry bur I'm making sure my body won't get food

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CourageousSurvivor~ View Post
Hey there,

This can be a really hard thing to deal with but you can overcome it. I think it is good that you are seeing a doctor and I suggest you let them know about your struggle. Also, if you can bring yourself to eat maybe you could try drinking supplement drinks like ensure. I know when I was really struggling with my Eating Disorder my doctor suggested that I try them. They might not taste very good but they will ensure that you get some nutrition.

Also, do you think you could try to bring yourself to eat small snacks periodically throughout the day? I know it seems hard now but if you slowly work your way into eating it can get better. Small baby steps and go from there.

I hope this helped.

Jenna
  Send a message via AIM to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via MSN to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Yahoo to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Skype™ to Music In My Heart 120 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I can't eat an can't bring myself to I rather not eat but hungry all the time HELP please !!!!! - December 19th 2010, 03:52 AM

I'm going to make sure I recover for me and no one else in the end it's me and those who don't Beileve I can get better f@&&@ off
I will I'm just struggling but when I'm better and healthy I will be proud of me.
I will prove to everybody I can do better and I can get healthier and stronger but I'm struggling and those who want to put me down or criticise me can can shut up and leave me alone .I'm taking things at my own pace , healing at my own pace.

I've been through alot , having no real family just adoptive family , being abandoned at a young age , haven to adjust and. Fit in also trying to please everyone .

I I always look after people and not myself foe my family and friends I would do anything to help them even if it meant I would get hurt or used but at I made the effort to reach out and help . I Beileve that the only way to survive is relying on yourself and not trusting yourself to make the right choices and to be who you were meant to be !!

Not what society or other people make you out to be , in the end we are all here to help one another through tough battles or pains or joy or even to have some comfort knowing your loved and cared for .
I did not have anyone when I was younger for that I had to rely on me and only had God that I held onto. But I instead of me helping me helped this other kids in the orphanages I was there protectector and there in some ways motherly and I gave them all of me because they needed someone.

To those who on th think I post ED stuff to much you know what people struggle and I Beileve that if those in dear need of help should get some support or even just someone who understands instead of judging them or making them out to be wanting attention or telling them how they should act or be in whichever path they are on .because when the time comes when you need help or support who will be there if you judge or say how they should be or feel. Best to be supporting but at the same time looking out for itself besides - everyone has low or high points in their life and struggle with whichever they struggle with but don't critize .or tell them where an how they should be at or recover level everyone is diffrent .

So those who don't want to help dont be on here

Last edited by Music In My Heart 120; December 19th 2010 at 03:58 AM.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: I can't eat an can't bring myself to I rather not eat but hungry all the time HELP please !!!!! - December 19th 2010, 10:05 AM

we arent judging you, we are simply saying you know what you need to do and that we cannot really do much other than advise you.

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: I can't eat an can't bring myself to I rather not eat but hungry all the time HELP please !!!!! - December 19th 2010, 10:14 AM

I am sorry you are having to go through all this.
I would say with the doctor on monday, be as honest as you can with them.
They can truly help you, and we all want to see you get better. :hugs:

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Re: I can't eat an can't bring myself to I rather not eat but hungry all the time HELP please !!!!! - December 19th 2010, 01:07 PM

You know what? I'm proud you wrote all that. And I want you to get better, and I think you have it in you to do whatever it takes to get better. People aren't trying to be mean, I think they're more trying to get you to see how serious it is. And we want you to be able to eat.

Do you remember any foods that were your favorite at any point? Maybe if you find food you really LIKE you could eat small amounts, and I'm only talking a bite or two at first.

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

December 19th 2010, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmisschatterbox View Post
we arent judging you, we are simply saying you know what you need to do and that we cannot really do much other than advise you.
It was directed at a member but also in general for people

Yes I just had to get it all out I'm truly struggling and thanks for the kind words and help
!!!!!!! Much appreciated and I know how serious this is

My doctor and therapist are in close contact and my therapist talked to my doctor before. I go in for my appt for Mon.

I lost my fav foods to

Quote:
Originally Posted by TranquilChaos View Post
You know what? I'm proud you wrote all that. And I want you to get better, and I think you have it in you to do whatever it takes to get better. People aren't trying to be mean, I think they're more trying to get you to see how serious it is. And we want you to be able to eat.

Do you remember any foods that were your favorite at any point? Maybe if you find food you really LIKE you could eat small amounts, and I'm only talking a bite or two at first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitter View Post
I am sorry you are having to go through all this.
I would say with the doctor on monday, be as honest as you can with them.
They can truly help you, and we all want to see you get better. :hugs:
Hugsss thanks , it's helps me feel a bit better !!!!!

Last edited by Casey.; December 21st 2010 at 02:17 AM. Reason: Merging posts.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Paige(: Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I can't eat an can't bring myself to I rather not eat but hungry all the time HELP please !!!!! - December 23rd 2010, 12:06 AM

hey, stay strong.
i suggest like slushies for now or fluid supplements to drink (: if you can't eat, which i have issues with too, then try drinking a lot of stuff! like i can drink slushies foreverrr, and hot chocolate and not get bored. i substiitute that instead of food.
let me know if you'd like to chat.

GOOOOOD LUCK! ::::huuuuuggggsssss::::

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Unhappy Re: I can't eat an can't bring myself to I rather not eat but hungry all the time HELP please !!!!! - December 23rd 2010, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige(: View Post
hey, stay strong.
i suggest like slushies for now or fluid supplements to drink (: if you can't eat, which i have issues with too, then try drinking a lot of stuff! like i can drink slushies foreverrr, and hot chocolate and not get bored. i substiitute that instead of food.
let me know if you'd like to chat.

GOOOOOD LUCK! ::::huuuuuggggsssss::::
Sorry this IS a trigger for me this post but I appreciate the thought and willingness to help and I truly need food and can't be supplementing with drink only
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I can't eat an can't bring myself to I rather not eat but hungry all the time HELP please !!!!! - December 23rd 2010, 12:54 AM

My mom talked to my therapist and now I feel blamed and my mom feels like a bad mom cause I can't open up to her and I need to be working on communication but my ED taking that away it's taking everything away sometimes I want to give up and let ED take it's toll people tell me I'm to hard on myself and that I don't Beileve in me an feel things are bleak that's putting a stopper in my recovery .sighs I just want sh soooooooooo badly now
Closed Thread