TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Forever Hungry - December 20th 2010, 01:07 AM

Ok... I was wonderin' if anyone else has something similar. I get really hungry real easy, and eat shitloads of food. Far more than anyone I know, am I'm hardly the largest of the people I know, in fact I'm rather shorter (not midget).

I balance my diet reasonably well. I've never put on any weight 'cos I go to the gym loads, once, sometimes twice a day (morning and evening), do running weights, and boxing, but tbh, this thing about me being hungry is just annoying.

Anyone else with something like it? Anything practical I can do about it? I'm not worried about the weight issue, it's just the inconveniance of being hungry CONSTANTLY and needing to go to the kitchen when it's 2am.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
HybridMoon Offline
~*North Star*~
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Forever Hungry - December 20th 2010, 03:50 AM

This doesn't really sound like an ED dear. You might want to try a different forum. My only decent suggestion to you is that as long as you eat healthy food and listen to your body, there shouldn't be a problem healthwise despite the inconvenience on your part. You seem healthy to me. Keep up the exercise and make sure you eat when your body tells you to. Sorry I can't really say anything more helpful.... But anorexics and bulimics and ednos are just as hungry as anyone else so I doubt they'd be able to help much telling you how to not be hungry. They are.

If you ever need to talk, feel free to PM me!
  Send a message via AIM to HybridMoon Send a message via Yahoo to HybridMoon  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: Forever Hungry - December 20th 2010, 04:18 AM

<---- starving

I can't sleep when I'm hungry

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
HybridMoon Offline
~*North Star*~
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Forever Hungry - December 20th 2010, 06:27 AM

Well try going to sleep on a full stomach. Do you wake up in the night hungry? Like I said, don't deprive your body. Be healthy; listen to what it says. Try drinking warm milk before you go to bed/when you wake up...dairy is filling. Stay away from stimulants. I don't know what your diet consists of, nor do I understand the full gravity of the situation, but the most I can say is eat when you need to.

If you ever need to talk, feel free to PM me!
  Send a message via AIM to HybridMoon Send a message via Yahoo to HybridMoon  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
emma01 Offline
Hello :D
I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: Forever Hungry - December 20th 2010, 07:20 AM

Do you constantly think about food? because I know that I would constantly think about food, and that would make me think I was hungry..like now as I am typing this, I am thinking about food (obviously) and now I'm thinking what can I eat But I know that I am not hungry because I ate like an hour ago and I do not need any food at the moment, so after typing this I trust my thoughts would have shifted from food.
It might help to plan your meal times. For example as I am recovering from Anorexia and just back from inpatient treatment, I got a nice wee plan going as I had to follow the hospital meal times then time my snacks in between. So heres my 'plan'
Breakfast - 7-8am (or when I get up)
Snack - 10am
Lunch - 12-1pm
Snack - 3pm
Tea - 5-6pm
Snack 8pm
So basically if say I am hungry at 2pm...I can tell myself to wait until 3 when I can have something to eat...then just get busy and take my thoughts away from food. If you are hungry at like 9pm, maybe opt to shift your 8pm snack till later, or even halve your 8pm snack, and have some later. So really you are still having the same amount but satisfying your hunger twice. If you are a late sleeper, and say dont get up until 10, leave the morning snack aside and save it until you are hungry...but only allow yourself that. I think that if you have planned meals, you can follow it easier and you wont tend to be picking at random times.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
RunningWild Offline
Dreamer
Not a n00b

Name: Emmy

Re: Forever Hungry - December 22nd 2010, 01:29 AM

I'm not sure I would classify this as any sort of eating disorder. My most likely prediction would be that you simply have a fast metabolism. However, there could be other physical causes that you could talk to your doctor about.

I would say that you should make sure your diet includes a lot of nutrient dense foods. The most filling foods are those that have a lot of fiber and often a lot of water. Fruits are a good choice, as well as whole grain foods. Quite often, people with this issue find it effective to eat small meals every couple of hours to keep their metabolism going. Also, drinking a lot of water can create a sensation of fullness.

Good luck!

Closed Thread