TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Paige(: Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

My story; Eating Disorders. - December 21st 2010, 06:59 PM

well, i've been on this website for a few weeks..but i decided to join today. (:
uhm,, well this past summer i was anorexic but not full blown. I cut down my eating. I talked to my bulimic new friend who was at a recovery place, and she helped me a lot. <3

so i was getting better. learned how to love who i am. (i wasn't eating to become skinny, it was mostly too control, and then by the time i was into it i was obsessed with becoming skinny .. even though I was already skin and bones to start out [i have a high metabolism, under [edited] lbs at 5'6.] i started eating a lot more, it wasn't too hard because i had my support from a few friends & i hadn't cut eating all together.

well i thought i was all better, but i think i'm relapsing again. i'm just NOT HUNGRY. :/ yesterday i had a part of a chocolate bar, & then some popcorn at the movies, part of a slushie, and a 2 pieces of chicken for dinner (they were smaaaall pieces.)
also, when i eat i have to chew chew chew chew and then it's hard to swallow.
i love who i am in the mirror, it's just i'm never hungry anymore, or when i am i get food and all of a sudden i'm not hungry.

what i realized what has helped me with loving myself, is instead of looking at thinspo, create my own thinspo of me. (:

i just need some support to eat.
thanks for reading.<333

Last edited by Gaia; December 21st 2010 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Please do not post weight numbers on TeenHelp

(#2 (permalink)) Old
hannahgreenwood Offline
Average Joe

Re: My story; Eating Disorders. - December 21st 2010, 11:51 PM

Okay I know exactly what you're going through! The hunger is gone because your body is still not signalling to eat because it is scared you will ignore it...DONT' PANIC!! DON'T OVEREAT!! I felt the same thing after I recovered from anorexia and basically I saw a nutritionist who told me point blank:
1. NEVER EVER EVER SKIP A MEAL!!! If it's breakfast, eat breakfast..If it's lunch eat lunch but DO NOT SKIP A MEAL!!
2. If it is a mealtime and you are not hungry which will and does happen...eat protein and vegetables/fruit...Fiber and Protein last you forever and fill you up quicker so eat those because your body needs fuel and BELIEVE ME...once you eat some protein and fruit at a meal ...even if its a small amount...and it does not have to be an entire plate of chicken and green beans or anything....just basic apple and peanut butter or something....you will feel hungry for your next meal or hungry another hour or so later when your body has said..DAMN!! SHE GAVE US FOOD AT MEALTIME!! WE GOTTA DOWN THIS AND ACTIVATE OUR METABOLISM PROCESS!!! you will start feeling hungry again...hope this helps and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me how you're doing and recovering!!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
emma01 Offline
Hello :D
I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: My story; Eating Disorders. - December 22nd 2010, 05:09 AM

I know how you feel, especially when you think your hungry, then when as soon as food is put infront of you, you aren't hungry! Grr this is so frustrating.
But I agree with the above post! Just don't ever skip a meal! Make sure you have at least 3 meals a day, and if the meals are small, have snacks in between! Give yourself certain times of the day that you will eat and STICK TO IT! Your body will get used to food eventually

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Paige(: Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: My story; Eating Disorders. - December 22nd 2010, 01:39 PM

Hannah&Emma, thanks so much. I realized that I'm eating more when I go to school because I eat a snack and at least a little of something at lunch, and then breakfast, and after cheer practice because I burn off a lot of calories; on a day without school i eat maybe dinner and a small snack. I'm going to go get a slushie and cereal for breakfast pretty soon, I'll let you both know how I'm doing (:

(#5 (permalink)) Old
hannahgreenwood Offline
Average Joe

Re: My story; Eating Disorders. - December 25th 2010, 03:33 AM

YEAH!! YOU GO GIRL!! YOU GO GLEN COCOA!! and none for gretchen weiners lol..sorry but i had to say that...and YOU ROCK!! i'm glad you're on the recovery road and the only reason i know how to recover from that stuff is because i was anorexic and finally saw a nutritionist who told me those things exactly...# don't skip meals and #2 eat protein, veggies, and/or fruit when not hungry....so yeah...and if you start throwing up because your body can't handle the new amount of food you are digesting just let me know because I have done that too....it wasn't fun..so BREATHE!! EAT!! NEVER SKIP A MEAL!! oh and what also helps big time is...FOOD IS EMOTIONAL...we often eat or don't eat based on our emotions so keeping a diary is REALLY REALLY helpful and keeping a food diary is REALLY REALLY helpful too when recovering from this stuff..any other questions and just fire away...i've got bulemic experience too...

Closed Thread