TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
My_Hero Offline
Lil' Rocker Chick 8)
Not a n00b

Developing an ED =/ - December 26th 2010, 08:45 PM

I used to be like, the biggest pig ever. I was never self conscious about my weight so I didn't care how much I ate. (Ah, the good ol' days)
These past few months I've been eating less and less; to the point where I'll go almost 2 days straight without eating anything more than a few crackers. It was generally just because I wasn't hungry, or I just wasn't in the mood to eat. I wasn't not eating because I wanted to lose weight or be skinny. On thanksgiving I still totallyyyy pigged out and ate more than like, 4 people combined =/
These past few weeks have been a different story. I've finally gotten to the point where there is really nothing I like about myself or my body. Before I could be like, yeah, I have a nice body shape, am pretty skinny, etc. Now I'm starting to think that I'm fat and just plain ugly; and thus just not wanting to eat at all. I'm not even 5 feet tall, and weigh just under. On one hand I have my parents yelling at me because I'm "getting too skinny" and then on the other I have a friend commenting on what fat thighs I have. Due to my low self esteem, I'm inclined to believe my friend =/
I haven't gotten to the point where I just don't eat at all. I still eat whatever I want to, but as I'm eating it I'm thinking, "well this is only gonna make me fatter and thus uglier" and then I get sick to my stomach. When I'm hungry I try to hold out on eating a long as possible. Part of me wants to just not eat at all; because at least then I'd be able to say, yeah, I'm really skinny, that can make up for my hideous face or hair or w.e
I watched my best friend struggle with anorexia and bulimia and wind up in the hospital; and I don't want to go down that road at all, but I'm afraid I'm starting too..

We all need somebody to lean on <3
~I will survive, I will endure.
When the going's rough, you can be sure;
I'll tough it out, I won't give in. When I'm knocked down I'll get up again.
As long as my dream's alive, I Will Survive~

Last edited by My_Hero; December 27th 2010 at 01:01 AM. Reason: Please don't post weight numbers, they are against the TOS.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Nightmare Offline
Part time ninja.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Dan

Re: Developing an ED =/ - December 26th 2010, 09:13 PM

You, my dear friend, are not fat in the least bit. you're thighs are much skinnier than mine (mine are pretty big ya know.) and [Edited] and 5 feet...well...that's far from obese and you know that. I'm thinking that you've just gotten used to not having much to eat and now you feel like when you do have food that you don't need it and you're fat for eating it. Well, that's not true. Not eating for days isn't healthy at all, it takes away your focus and concentration and makes you unhappy. So, eating will thus increase your grades and your happiness.
Btw, I'm gonna start making you eat lunch, seriously =P you have free lunch, use it.
-Dan

You can't ~Here to help! PM me!!~
take away
my strength

Last edited by Casey.; December 26th 2010 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Removing weight numbers.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
My_Hero Offline
Lil' Rocker Chick 8)
Not a n00b

Re: Developing an ED =/ - December 26th 2010, 09:19 PM

lol, if only that were true =P buttt, it's really not.
And no, you can't make me eat lunch, thanks =)

We all need somebody to lean on <3
~I will survive, I will endure.
When the going's rough, you can be sure;
I'll tough it out, I won't give in. When I'm knocked down I'll get up again.
As long as my dream's alive, I Will Survive~

(#4 (permalink)) Old
CherryxPie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Developing an ED =/ - December 27th 2010, 12:36 AM

There isn't much I can say to make you think otherwise, I could tell you that you are not fat, but I don't know you or what you look like and if I did you would probably think I'm lying. But I would like to say that other people aren't you, other people don't walk in your shoes every day, feel the way you feel, have the same appetite as you or have the same body as you. Considering that, do they really have an opinion on your thigh size? Or how skinny you are? The same goes for every other aspect of you. So listening to other people on your own body, wouldn't that be a ridiculous thing to do? If you are hungry, you eat, it's natural it's normal and the same goes for however your body turns out.
As to thinking you are ugly, I live by this, How do I expect others to respect and love me, If I can't do the same to myself. I don't believe that anyone is ugly, it sounds cheesy (aha) but what people look like doesn't matter to me as I think about them as a person, not as an object to look at and think, that's nice.
Ofc this is all my opinion but, I hope you can see some sense in it, I do what I like because that is what makes me happy that is how I want to live my life even if I eat a whole turkey at Christmas and end up the size of a house at least I enjoyed it! ;D
Best wishes sweetie

Closed Thread