TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AmiFey Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Katie

Worry, worry, worry.. - December 27th 2010, 03:21 PM

I know my last update was saying all good things, but I'm switching between good and bad again. I can't stop wanting to purge when I eat (although I rarely give in and lie when I do). I know this is a stupid way to handle it, but to make the feelings go away I'm just refusing food. I'm so afraid of becoming the fat teen I almost ended up being (I was really overweight as a child) and although that teen is who I see in the mirror, I'm assured that I'm not her. I don't know whether to believe my mirror or my friends (I don't really know if they'd lie to make me feel better or not). My counselor is for depression, so I don't know if she could give me any advice on this at all and I'm just so worried that I won't get better before I start getting worse.. I can only just barely see my ribs now, so I'm not as bad as I've been, but I could easily get there with a few lies and hours alone in a house where I can exercise.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
L.O.V.E. IS??
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: kelly

Re: Worry, worry, worry.. - December 28th 2010, 02:46 PM

Your counselour could help you , she'll ask like why you're feeling that way and if she can't do anything for you she'd send you to an eating disorder pshyciartists (<--- thats spelled wrong) anyhow pm me if you need anything , i'm here as much as i can to help other people to the best of ability i can.

Some things are beautiful because they are un-obtainable <3

'A dream is what you desire if anything and everything is possible.'

(#3 (permalink)) Old
AmiFey Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Worry, worry, worry.. - January 1st 2011, 03:33 PM

I could try.. I just.. I'm afraid. I hate watching my stomach growing from not being able to purge. Last night I ate a ton of unhealthy foods, and I didn't know the nutrition information at all. I miss seeing my ribs, and it's terrible having all this flab from gaining weight. Maybe it's all in my head; I don't know. How can I tell?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
L.O.V.E. IS??
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Worry, worry, worry.. - January 1st 2011, 07:17 PM

Hun , i'm sure you're fine. And it was New Years Eve , give yourself a break (: Just workout, but dont over-do it. Today Eat healthy , have one of each in the food group (breads-cereals-grains, proteins, vegetables, fruits, dairy)
You should ask your mom and be like do i look ok today like weight wise and stuff like that. I'm sure that if your suffering an eating disorder its all in your head hun. I think you should really talk to your counselour about this. She or he will know what to say (:

(#5 (permalink)) Old
AmiFey Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Worry, worry, worry.. - January 4th 2011, 06:44 PM

I talked to her today a little about it, but she didn't seem to seriously think about it (although that might be because I didn't tell the entire truth orz).

My eating is really screwing up again. Since Saturday I've eaten one full meal, the rest being smaller than the average person's snack. Looking at myself, I still seem to be fat, no matter how little I eat or how much I exercise. I'm scared I'm going to get trapped by this.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
L.O.V.E. IS??
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Worry, worry, worry.. - January 6th 2011, 10:52 PM

Well who's her ? The counselour or your mom???
I'm guessing its your mom ???? iF so she didn't think so seriousely maybe you asked it in a casual way and if she said you looked fine you should just go with that (: Talk to the counselour, tell her the truth and she'll help u !
She'll give you the right resources and get you back on track!!!!!

I'm sorry i responded so late i've been so busy! And forgot to look at all my posts !

Just stay strong hun and get the help!!!
<3 Kelly

(#7 (permalink)) Old
AmiFey Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Worry, worry, worry.. - January 6th 2011, 10:56 PM

Sorry. ^^' I meant my counselor, actually.

And it's totally fine! Thank you for responding at all. Just talking helps some because you guys here actually believe me and understand when I say I feel fat after losing quite a bit of weight. The people in my actual life.. Eh, not so much. <3

(#8 (permalink)) Old
L.O.V.E. IS??
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Worry, worry, worry.. - January 6th 2011, 11:13 PM

Awwhhhhh well I'm here for you if you need to talk hun (:
And i'm glad that you feel you can openly trusts on this site (=
Yourwelcomeee(:
And you should really really tell the truth, but it takes time to actually get it out! I know from experience so just say something when your ready (:
Let me know if you need anything else <3
You can keep on talking i like people who talk lol and i can help them that's the best part ! (:

(#9 (permalink)) Old
AmiFey Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Worry, worry, worry.. - January 9th 2011, 06:57 PM

I'm feeling a little conflicted now. From Saturday to Thursday I had such wonderful control.. (Maybe a little too wonderful. I lost quite a bit of weight and my friends were getting worried I was gonna pass out or something. I even hid my food to keep from eating it.) Now, though, I'm eating too much, even when I'm not hungry. I purged some just to relieve the pain in my stomach from it, but I just don't know what to do. Is there a happy medium?

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: Worry, worry, worry.. - January 9th 2011, 07:42 PM

Try not to look in the mirror too often. Your always going to be your harshest critic, so remember that the way you see yourself most likely isn't how everyone else sees you.

I think your counselor could help you with this as they are trained to give good advice and an eating disorder is closely connected to depression for some. He/she could give you some good advice.

For now I would try not to buy any sugary snacks and try your best to eat healthy and get some exercise to help yourself believe that you aren't the fat teen that you see in the mirror.

Your friends are probably right in what they are saying. Everyone has at least one brutally honest friend, so if none of them have said anything negative about your size then I would say your good to go.

Remember that you are beautiful no matter what size you are

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#11 (permalink)) Old
L.O.V.E. IS??
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Worry, worry, worry.. - January 10th 2011, 10:16 PM

I like nicoke's answer (:
Stay strong hun!!!!

(#12 (permalink)) Old
CS33 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Worry, worry, worry.. - January 19th 2011, 09:09 PM

AmiFey...

You're exactly the same as me, Its weird.. Reading what you've written is just like reading about me :L
I'm trying to overcome my issues with food (And I have major issues) And what keeps me going is keeping in mind what I'm doing to my body by starving it and purging food..
It can really mess you up, I stared having really irregular periods ect.. so think of that :/

I miss my ribs to! xD Used to love seeing them, weird as it sounds, But you however much we like them.. others don't like seeing them :L

But I know its hard. Yesterday I was sobbing because I wanted so much to go into the bathroom and just purge.. But I tried so hard not to, and it worked
Although.. I have a huge binge today, stuffing myself with food, them made myself sick :/ That's not good, but I'm telling you this stuff so you know I understand how hard it is! xD

Also, lastly, My mums only recently found out and has decided to send me to counsilling.. does it help alot?

So lovely to find someone going through what I am xx

(#13 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: Worry, worry, worry.. - January 20th 2011, 09:43 PM

Hey there,

I believe that eatind disorders come from depression. Just another unhealthy way to cope. Your counselor for depression can more than likely help with your eating disorder. When it comes to friends Vs. Mirrors. Mirror reflect yourself. You stand in front of it, and it shows what you see. You already have the mind set that you are bigger, or uglier then you actually all. That is grained in your head, thus is what you're going to see. When it comes to friends. Sometimes friends say things to appease the person. that's why it is important to find honest, good friends. The only opinion that should matter is yours and your doctors/counselor. but ultimately, it comes down to your thoughts on yourself.

You need to believe that you are beautiful. keep working at it. As a motivation/self esteem booster, you can do this. It can be fun too! (I encourage anyone who reads this to do it)

Get 100 or so pieces of small papers. Such as sticky notes. In fact, get the colorful design ones.

Color or designe or decorate the papers how you want.
Write on there inspiration quotes, phrases, happy words.
You can get quotes from the internet, or create your own.
Get as creative as you want to get.
Then fold them all up.

Then, put them in a special box, or bowl, or something substantial.
Every morning, draw on out of the box.
Read it, reflect. Then carry it with you the rest of the day.
Pull it out when times get hard, or you feel like purging.

Never give up. You can do it.

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
Flying_Spirit Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Worry, worry, worry.. - January 20th 2011, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmiFey View Post
I know my last update was saying all good things, but I'm switching between good and bad again.
It's natural to struggle at times when overcoming a problem. That is nothing to be ashamed of hun.

Quote:
I can't stop wanting to purge when I eat (although I rarely give in and lie when I do). I know this is a stupid way to handle it, but to make the feelings go away I'm just refusing food.
The thing is we all need ways to get rid of our pain but this isn't the way to go. I know it's not easy to stop this kind of thing but in the end it is up to ourselves. Anything is possible it just takes time, Lying isnt the best way to go and you should try and stop but the fact you arent fully giving in means you do want to stop.

Quote:
I'm so afraid of becoming the fat teen I almost ended up being (I was really overweight as a child) and although that teen is who I see in the mirror, I'm assured that I'm not her.
Sometimes we see differently to others, and we just deny the obvious because it is easier, the reassurance will take time. It's human nature to find our flaws and exaggerate them but the key is not to let it go too far.

Quote:
I don't know whether to believe my mirror or my friends (I don't really know if they'd lie to make me feel better or not). My counselor is for depression, so I don't know if she could give me any advice on this at all and I'm just so worried that I won't get better before I start getting worse..
All we can do is our best, why would your friends and loved ones lie to you. Its natural for you to disbelieve them but you know deep inside it isnt true. It is worth asking your counselor about at the very least they can suggest someone who can help you, which will lead you towards a more permanent source of help with your condition.

Quote:
I can only just barely see my ribs now, so I'm not as bad as I've been, but I could easily get there with a few lies and hours alone in a house where I can exercise.
This is the point where self restraint is essential if you ever feel yourself falling to this point you need to ring someone straight away, get out of the house, busy yourself. Anything is possible hun, just remember never stop hoping.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
AmiFey Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Worry, worry, worry.. - January 25th 2011, 10:21 PM

Soooo... I was alright for a while... again. -.-' I keep switching between good and bad, good and bad, worse and worst, good and bad. I talked to my therapist and she pretty much just said to try to make myself neutral when looking in the mirror. I don't know how to do that. Any advice from y'all?

(#16 (permalink)) Old
L.O.V.E. IS??
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Worry, worry, worry.. - February 5th 2011, 12:59 AM

That can be hard to do. Just think of somethings that you like about your appearnce whether it'd be your eyes, skin, it can be anything. (: I hope i helped some.

Closed Thread