TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
WishUponAStar Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kimberly

Treatment? - December 30th 2010, 02:14 AM

Um hey yall im kinda newish to the site, and well I have been um referred to a treatment center for my eating issues(I was diagnosed anorexic a few months ago). I went to a outpatient typ treatment for a few weeks before i dropped out. but i am going back, but i am most likely going to be in either full time hospital treatment, or all day treatment.. has anyone else been to treatment? like what to you have to do? I am really nervous about it.. and any advice would be really helpful.
kthanks.

"I failed eating, failed drinking, failed not cutting myself into shreds. Failed friendship. Failed sisterhood and daughterhood. Failed mirrors and scales and phone calls. Good thing I'm stable. "
Laurie Halse Anderson (Wintergirls)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
RunningWild Offline
Dreamer
Not a n00b

Name: Emmy

Re: Treatment? - December 30th 2010, 02:19 AM

Treatment programs tend to focus on both physical and mental health. They have many types of therapy such as mealtime therapy, art therapy, movement therapy, and group and individual counseling. Also, they put you on a meal plan to suit your needs. If you are inpatient, they may check your vitals every morning. It's not such a scary experience and can prove to be very helpful. Future posters may know more. Good luck!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Yours Truly Offline
Ashley<3(:
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Ashley

Re: Treatment? - December 30th 2010, 03:11 AM

Ive done all day treatment. It was 'partial hospitalization'. Mine wasnt specifically for an eating disorder, but moreso in place of school. And there was lots of group therapy, individual and family therapy. Along with music and art therapy. it actually helped me alot.

Its not as scary as you may think. (:

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle." <3

Feel free to PM/VM me if you ever need someone to talk to, or just want someone to listen. I'm also always up for making new friends.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
emma01 Offline
Hello :D
I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: Treatment? - December 30th 2010, 03:13 AM

I was in hospital for just over 2 weeks...and I tell you what, it was the BEST thing I ever did. I wasn't in a psych ward though, I was just in the general children's ward, and since it was the childrens one the atmostphere was LOVELY!
I definitely recommend inpatient treatment, 100%. I came out of there a completely different person. It did so much more than outpatient could ever do.,

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
WishUponAStar Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kimberly

Re: Treatment? - December 30th 2010, 11:19 AM

Thanks yall . im just really nervous, i guess. and im hoping it goes well.

"I failed eating, failed drinking, failed not cutting myself into shreds. Failed friendship. Failed sisterhood and daughterhood. Failed mirrors and scales and phone calls. Good thing I'm stable. "
Laurie Halse Anderson (Wintergirls)

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Sam

Re: Treatment? - December 31st 2010, 05:28 AM

It'll go good, I know you. You're strong, and I know you can beat this again.
I love you.
Call or text me anytime.
<3

There will come a time, you'll see
With no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Theoretical Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Meagan R.

Re: Treatment? - January 5th 2011, 06:22 PM

I have a really good link with patient reviews of a ton of inpatient and residential ED programs. It's very thorough and will definitely answer all your questions. Unfortunately, I can't post links yet. If you want it, PM me.

I've also been in outpatient (OP) intensive outpatient (IOP) partial hospitalization (PHP) inpatient (IP) and residential, so feel free to ask any questions.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
p_fine Offline
p_fine
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Treatment? - January 8th 2011, 06:25 PM

WishUponAStar

Wishing you lots of luck with everything. Going into Hospital full time can be really helpful and beneficial. It worked for me - I went into hospital for 2 and a half months as an in patient and then I did day care for two and a half months after that. I was really well looked after. Every place is different. We all have different experiences of what it is like.

I didn't find it scary at all - just comforting and helpful. It was also hard work, but that is what it takes to get better. I am sure you will do the right thing and I hope that whatever that is - it works!

xx

Closed Thread