TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: MUSIC IN MY HEART

How to stop feeling cold all over 24/7 and how to stop having panic an anxiety attacks 0ver wght? - January 2nd 2011, 11:21 PM

Help please
  Send a message via AIM to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via MSN to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Yahoo to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Skype™ to Music In My Heart 120 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Name: Lissa

Re: How to stop feeling cold all over 24/7 and how to stop having panic an anxiety attacks 0ver wgh - January 2nd 2011, 11:28 PM

The only way this will stop is if you get a counselor that's actually doing their job, or if you're hospitalized.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: How to stop feeling cold all over 24/7 and how to stop having panic an anxiety attacks 0ver wgh - January 2nd 2011, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myss View Post
The only way this will stop is if you get a counselor that's actually doing their job, or if you're hospitalized.
Or I eat more and don't prge or excercercise
  Send a message via AIM to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via MSN to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Yahoo to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Skype™ to Music In My Heart 120 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Re: How to stop feeling cold all over 24/7 and how to stop having panic an anxiety attacks 0ver wgh - January 2nd 2011, 11:33 PM

It seems like you struggle an incredible amount with that, though, so I think you need to take a more extreme approach.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: How to stop feeling cold all over 24/7 and how to stop having panic an anxiety attacks 0ver wgh - January 2nd 2011, 11:37 PM

Quote:
It seems like you struggle an incredible amount with that, though, so I think you need to take a more extreme approach.
Well I have in place my dentist team and my volunteer supervisor to prevent me from purging by keeping me busy or not letting me use bathroom for no more then 5 minutes . And I just have to maybe after I eat stay away from the bathroom for one hour ( phystrist ) had me do that . And. I think if I eat healthy foods from food pyramid and less junk food I'll be better of
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
emma01 Offline
Hello :D
I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: How to stop feeling cold all over 24/7 and how to stop having panic an anxiety attacks 0ver wgh - January 3rd 2011, 01:17 AM

How can your dentist sit with you all day? the only way you can be stopped from using the bathroom etc is in inpatient treatment. You can't stop your dentist doing his job to come and make sure you aren't sick. You obviously can't do this yourself.
Also not to sound rude but we have been telling you all along to eat healthy but you haven't been listening, now your telling us stuff like we don't know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music In My Heart 120 View Post

Or I eat more and don't prge or excercercise
You know the answer yourself so why ask?

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: How to stop feeling cold all over 24/7 and how to stop having panic an anxiety attacks 0ver wgh - January 3rd 2011, 02:01 AM

Look I know that and I'm not asking them to sit with me 24/7 geezzz it's just what I need only temporary until I am able to do it on my own and u f)&&& don't know anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma01 View Post
How can your dentist sit with you all day? the only way you can be stopped from using the bathroom etc is in inpatient treatment. You can't stop your dentist doing his job to come and make sure you aren't sick. You obviously can't do this yourself.
Also not to sound rude but we have been telling you all along to eat healthy but you haven't been listening, now your telling us stuff like we don't know it.

You know the answer yourself so why ask?
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kitty

Re: How to stop feeling cold all over 24/7 and how to stop having panic an anxiety attacks 0ver wgh - January 3rd 2011, 02:17 AM

You need to get inpatient treatment in a hospital.
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Re: How to stop feeling cold all over 24/7 and how to stop having panic an anxiety attacks 0ver wgh - January 3rd 2011, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Look I know that and I'm not asking them to sit with me 24/7 geezzz it's just what I need only temporary until I am able to do it on my own and u f)&&& don't know anything

Why the unnecessary rudeness?

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: How to stop feeling cold all over 24/7 and how to stop having panic an anxiety attacks 0ver wgh - January 3rd 2011, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberries View Post
You need to get inpatient treatment in a hospital.
I can't afford to because of insurance
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
emma01 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: How to stop feeling cold all over 24/7 and how to stop having panic an anxiety attacks 0ver wgh - January 3rd 2011, 02:32 AM

Quote:
But you need help 24/7, by the sounds of it constant round the clock supervision. Why do you have to be so rude? What's with the foul language aimed at me. If you aren't going to respect me, then why should I respect you? You dont seem to have much respect for people on here, and I think you are a very grumpy, self centered person. Ive tried with you, I really have, and like I said, I dont wish an eating disorder on anyone, but when I try and help I dont expect to be trashed back like you have done to me many times.

"u ... dont know anything" Funny that...I've suffered from anorexia for over a year and I actually was admitted to hospital...and yea at least people can believe me I have my pictures on here to proove it.

This should be private message and a moderator will probably delete this, but if you see it first I'd like you to know that you have gone too far with me...and Im sorry but I dont believe a word you say.

Quote:

I can't afford to because of insurance
Im pretty sure you dont need insurance...well I didn't when I went in. Health Care at a Public hospital is usually free...excuse me if I am wrong. Where are you from anyway?

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: How to stop feeling cold all over 24/7 and how to stop having panic an anxiety attacks 0ver wgh - January 3rd 2011, 02:34 AM

First off really ? That does not male you a professional In eating disorders and you judge people an you look like your boasting about being in the hospital by Ur pictures and talking . Nurses aren't friends they are meant to get you on your way

And if I was inpatien I would take it seriously and I have had the ED longer but I'm not boasting about being in a hospital or speaking fondly of how much fun you had at the hospital

You dont get it do u your so naiveve wow
Quote:
But you need help 24/7, by the sounds of it constant round the clock supervision. Why do you have to be so rude? What's with the foul language aimed at me. If you aren't going to respect me, then why should I respect you? You dont seem to have much respect for people on here, and I think you are a very grumpy, self centered person. Ive tried with you, I really have, and like I said, I dont wish an eating disorder on anyone, but when I try and help I dont expect to be trashed back like you have done to me many times.

"u ... dont know anything" Funny that...I've suffered from anorexia for over a year and I actually was admitted to hospital...and yea at least people can believe me I have my pictures on here to proove it.

This should be private message and a moderator will probably delete this, but if you see it first I'd like you to know that you have gone too far with me...and Im sorry but I dont believe a word you say.
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: How to stop feeling cold all over 24/7 and how to stop having panic an anxiety attacks 0ver wgh - January 3rd 2011, 02:37 AM

I've been against you because your being very triggering rudeand not helpful
Im not looking to be judged on how I deal with things or my ED and your have no right to make. The comments Ur making when you don't know the whole situtuiation and what's really going on
Quote:
First off really ? That does not make you a professional In eating disorders and you judge people an you look like your boasting about being in the hospital by Ur pictures and talking . Nurses aren't friends they are meant to get you on your way not to be friends

And if I was inpatien I would take it seriously and I have had the ED longer but I'm not boasting about being in a hospital or speaking fondly of how much fun you had at the hospital

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Re: How to stop feeling cold all over 24/7 and how to stop having panic an anxiety attacks 0ver wgh - January 3rd 2011, 02:40 AM

You really should stop being so disrespectful. No, in a good hospital, nurses aren't there to "get you on your way." I'm pretty sure that nurses working with people with eating disorders have a little more heart than that. And if you've never been in inpatient treatment, how can you say what the nurses are like anyway? You shoot down every bit of advice that's given to you, and it's not fair to those of us who are putting in time trying to help you, when it doesn't seem like you want help at all. If you wanted to be helped, you wouldn't have a retort for everything everyone says, and you'd be willing to try things that people suggest to you, and you're not.

In addition: You don't have to trash Emma just because she's proud of what she's accomplished and that she wanted to get better. To me, it seems like she's a girl who will never let the rain ruin her parade, and you don't have to be mean to her because she's a happy person.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: How to stop feeling cold all over 24/7 and how to stop having panic an anxiety attacks 0ver wgh - January 3rd 2011, 02:42 AM

You all are not professionals at all so I don't have to be obligated to take advice and you what emma1 has been very triggering to besides
I have tried and considered what you all say I have but its just difficult geez and yes I know they have heart the nurses but Emma is acting like they are her life long friends
And acting like it's fun in inpatient with a tube it's not
And I know I need more help I get that but I'm not obligtated to take your advice all the time

I really am going to get better for me not for anyone else

Everyone Is different in how they deal with things
Quote:
You really should stop being so disrespectful. No, in a good hospital, nurses aren't there to "get you on your way." I'm pretty sure that nurses working with people with eating disorders have a little more heart than that. And if you've never been in inpatient treatment, how can you say what the nurses are like anyway? You shoot down every bit of advice that's given to you, and it's not fair to those of us who are putting in time trying to help you, when it doesn't seem like you want help at all. If you wanted to be helped, you wouldn't have a retort for everything everyone says, and you'd be willing to try things that people suggest to you, and you're not.
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
emma01 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: How to stop feeling cold all over 24/7 and how to stop having panic an anxiety attacks 0ver wgh - January 3rd 2011, 02:44 AM

Quote:
First off really ? That does not male you a professional In eating disorders and you judge people an you look like your boasting about being in the hospital by Ur pictures and talking . Nurses aren't friends they are meant to get you on your way

No im not a professional but I can tell a liar from a truthful person :P Oh god, boasting about being in hospital...funny that, I have some photos on facebook of the good times me and my friends had in there...and this is what I said on the album description "As fun as I may make it sound, and as fun as It may look...its not an amusement park and its really not very nice, its really tough and very uncomfortable and being tubed is totally not something to be proud of, but i've put these up anyway because...well I can, and I must say with visits from friends (especially Cate) and a little girl who kept me going, I had some fun times in there.
But still girls don't throw your life away, its totally not worth a year of your life like its taken a year of mine. Just stay healthy PLEASE!"

Now, people who really do have eating disorders would understand this without me having to put that there, but since you dont, I will explain. That place gave me hope, its given friends of mine hope. I put them up there to ENCOURAGE inpatient treatment. I had a GREAT time in there, I won't lie. I learned to be happy again, I gained weight, and I had a relationship with those nurses who saved my life. I am FRIENDS with those nurses, and they are my FRIENDS, though much older. They helped me, like you obviously need. I think hospital was the BEST place for me, and it will help others who actually need it. I dont think eating disorders are cool...which is why I dont make up some crappy lie. I am very very very embarrased to have been admitted to hospital for a mental illness.

I may be naive but at least I can spell and have decent english.

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Re: How to stop feeling cold all over 24/7 and how to stop having panic an anxiety attacks 0ver wgh - January 3rd 2011, 02:45 AM

Quote:
You all are not professionals at all so I don't have to be obligated to take advice
Really? Then WHY are you asking for advice when you've just flat out said you're NOT going to take it?

(#18 (permalink)) Old
emma01 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: How to stop feeling cold all over 24/7 and how to stop having panic an anxiety attacks 0ver wgh - January 3rd 2011, 02:48 AM

Quote:
You all are not professionals at all so I don't have to be obligated to take advice and you what emma1 has been very triggering to besides
I have tried and considered what you all say I have but its just difficult geez and yes I know they have heart the nurses but Emma is acting like they are her life long friends
And acting like it's fun in inpatient with a tube it's not
And I know I need more help I get that but I'm not obligtated to take your advice all the time

I really am going to get better for me not for anyone else

Everyone Is different in how they deal with things
Dont come on this site if you dont want advice. And they saved my life they are my lifelong friends. Ohh I hated the tube when did I say that was fun? I only had it in 3 days, but because I had no problem eating they took it out.

(#19 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: How to stop feeling cold all over 24/7 and how to stop having panic an anxiety attacks 0ver wgh - January 3rd 2011, 02:49 AM

Quote:

Really? Then WHY are you asking for advice when you've just flat out said you're NOT going to take it?
I ask for advice to get an idea of how to handle my issue but you all are suggesting advice so If something is not for me I don't have to do it
  (#20 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: How to stop feeling cold all over 24/7 and how to stop having panic an anxiety attacks 0ver wgh - January 3rd 2011, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Dont come on this site if you dont want advice. And they saved my life they are my lifelong friends. Ohh I hated the tube when did I say that was fun? I only had it in 3 days, but because I had no problem eating they took it out.
Yes but nurses aren like best friends type of relationship I came here to help other and get help for myself
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Re: How to stop feeling cold all over 24/7 and how to stop having panic an anxiety attacks 0ver wgh - January 3rd 2011, 02:51 AM

Quote:

I ask for advice to get an idea of how to handle my issue but you all are suggesting advice so If something is not for me I don't have to do it
I've read most of your threads, and I don't believe that I have EVER seen you accept someone's advice. You always have some excuse for why you can't do what was suggested. People have been VERY willing to help you. You need to be willing to accept help, or you're not ever going to get better.

(#22 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: How to stop feeling cold all over 24/7 and how to stop having panic an anxiety attacks 0ver wgh - January 3rd 2011, 02:56 AM

Quote:

I've read most of your threads, and I don't believe that I have EVER seen you accept someone's advice. You always have some excuse for why you can't do what was suggested. People have been VERY willing to help you. You need to be willing to accept help, or you're not ever going to get better.
I've come here when I need support and to help othersand as a fact I have gotten alot of great advice that I do follow sometimes but I dont haveto accounce in public hey I took your advice

I get trahed and hurt. Because I'm asking for help and she seems triggering to em triggredme 100% with her threads and pictures
  (#23 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Re: How to stop feeling cold all over 24/7 and how to stop having panic an anxiety attacks 0ver wgh - January 3rd 2011, 02:58 AM

Quote:
I've come here when I need support and to help othersand as a fact I have gotten alot of great advice that I do follow sometimes but I dont haveto accounce in public hey I took your advice

I get trahed and hurt. Because I'm asking for help and she seems triggering to em triggredme 100% with her threads and pictures
Then don't look at her threads or pictures. If those things bother you, don't click on them. It's as simple as that.

And why not tell someone that you took their advice? If you tell someone that you accepted their advice, they're probably going to be more likely to try to help you in the future.

(#24 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: How to stop feeling cold all over 24/7 and how to stop having panic an anxiety attacks 0ver wgh - January 3rd 2011, 03:02 AM

Look I was tying to help her despite being triggered Tryin to e nice but now I get trashed an hurt for trying to help her an I'd rather say privately in a message I had accepted there advice not in replies and I've been getting help from trained uk volunteers
Quote:

Then don't look at her threads or pictures. If those things bother you, don't click on them. It's as simple as that.

And why not tell someone that you took their advice? If you tell someone that you accepted their advice, they're probably going to be more likely to try to help you in the future.
  (#25 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Re: How to stop feeling cold all over 24/7 and how to stop having panic an anxiety attacks 0ver wgh - January 3rd 2011, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Look I was tying to help her despite being triggered Tryin to e nice but now I get trashed an hurt for trying to help her
Who were you trying to help?

(#26 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: How to stop feeling cold all over 24/7 and how to stop having panic an anxiety attacks 0ver wgh - January 3rd 2011, 03:08 AM

Quote:

Who were you trying to help?
Emma but I'm not going to waste my time with her if she is triggering and rude and condesending to me
  (#27 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Re: How to stop feeling cold all over 24/7 and how to stop having panic an anxiety attacks 0ver wgh - January 3rd 2011, 03:10 AM

She's not asking you for help. She's not asking anyone for help, actually. She was trying to help you, and you were being incredibly rude to her. Emma doesn't need help, it's you who needs to solve a problem, not her.

(#28 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: How to stop feeling cold all over 24/7 and how to stop having panic an anxiety attacks 0ver wgh - January 3rd 2011, 03:12 AM

I'm done wih you and I don't need your rudeness and judgement
I have an eating disorder been professionally diagnosed by a hospital treatment team
Quote:

No im not a professional but I can tell a liar from a truthful person :P Oh god, boasting about being in hospital...funny that, I have some photos on facebook of the good times me and my friends had in there...and this is what I said on the album description "As fun as I may make it sound, and as fun as It may look...its not an amusement park and its really not very nice, its really tough and very uncomfortable and being tubed is totally not something to be proud of, but i've put these up anyway because...well I can, and I must say with visits from friends (especially Cate) and a little girl who kept me going, I had some fun times in there.
But still girls don't throw your life away, its totally not worth a year of your life like its taken a year of mine. Just stay healthy PLEASE!"

Now, people who really do have eating disorders would understand this without me having to put that there, but since you dont, I will explain. That place gave me hope, its given friends of mine hope. I put them up there to ENCOURAGE inpatient treatment. I had a GREAT time in there, I won't lie. I learned to be happy again, I gained weight, and I had a relationship with those nurses who saved my life. I am FRIENDS with those nurses, and they are my FRIENDS, though much older. They helped me, like you obviously need. I think hospital was the BEST place for me, and it will help others who actually need it. I dont think eating disorders are cool...which is why I dont make up some crappy lie. I am very very very embarrased to have been admitted to hospital for a mental illness.

I may be naive but at least I can spell and have decent english.
  (#29 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: How to stop feeling cold all over 24/7 and how to stop having panic an anxiety attacks 0ver wgh - January 3rd 2011, 03:13 AM

Quote:
I'm done wih you and I don't need your rudeness and judgement
I have an eating disorder been professionally diagnosed by a hospital treatment team
Ur the lier
  (#30 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Re: How to stop feeling cold all over 24/7 and how to stop having panic an anxiety attacks 0ver wgh - January 3rd 2011, 03:15 AM

Quote:

Ur the lier
Technically, you just called yourself a liar, so I'm kind of confused. Emma is no longer involved in this conversation, so you can stop being rude. Just let it go, and focus on the real problem here - you needing to get better.

(#31 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: How to stop feeling cold all over 24/7 and how to stop having panic an anxiety attacks 0ver wgh - January 3rd 2011, 03:15 AM

Quote:
She's not asking you for help. She's not asking anyone for help, actually. She was trying to help you, and you were being incredibly rude to her. Emma doesn't need help, it's you who needs to solve a problem, not her.
I did not want her help in the first place
She is very rude judgemental extremely arrogant
Besides she needs help more then me
  (#32 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Re: How to stop feeling cold all over 24/7 and how to stop having panic an anxiety attacks 0ver wgh - January 3rd 2011, 03:18 AM

Quote:

I did not want her help in the first place
She is very rude judgemental extremely arrogant
Besides she needs help more then me
Let. It. Go.
The problem here is that you have an eating disorder, and you need to get better. Let's talk about that, ok?

(#33 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: How to stop feeling cold all over 24/7 and how to stop having panic an anxiety attacks 0ver wgh - January 3rd 2011, 03:19 AM

Quote:

Technically, you just called yourself a liar, so I'm kind of confused. Emma is no longer involved in this conversation, so you can stop being rude. Just let it go, and focus on the real problem here - you needing to get better.
She EMMA is the real liar not me
And she looks sickly thin and like a skeleton and she can't seem to get it and she checks back on the thread every so often and besides my therapist was looking I to inpatient for me anyways and have accepted that

Emma needs to gain weight
  (#34 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Re: How to stop feeling cold all over 24/7 and how to stop having panic an anxiety attacks 0ver wgh - January 3rd 2011, 03:21 AM

Quote:

She EMMA is the real liar not me
And she looks sickly thin and like a skeleton and she can't seem to get it and she checks back on the thread every so often and besides my therapist was looking I to inpatient for me anyways and have accepted that

Emma needs to gain weight
This thread is about you. STOP talking about other people.

Seriously. Talk about YOUR problems, not other peoples'.

(#35 (permalink)) Old
Pandamonium Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Steph

Re: How to stop feeling cold all over 24/7 and how to stop having panic an anxiety attacks 0ver wgh - January 3rd 2011, 03:22 AM

Due to the excessive fighting and rude behavior, this thread is now closed. Everyone should consider reviewing the forum rules and guidelines for future postings. Thanks
  Send a message via MSN to Pandamonium  
Closed Thread