TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Reflections Offline
Alice
Average Joe

Name: Alice

Unhappy Not wanting help? - January 10th 2011, 03:42 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of eating disorders, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Hey, I was just wondering if it's weird to.. Well.. Enjoy your ed? :\ I know it sounds crazy or stupid, and I have a feeling this post will be taken down, but I'm just wondering.. I don't know why, but I hate having the feeling of something inside my stomach. I hate food in my stomach... I dunno... I hate this, but I love it at the same time... I don't want tog et help because last time I told people, they all ignored me. I even told my doctor EVERYTHING that was happening last time my ed was this bad. Laxatives, exessive walking/biking, purging(without a binge) and sometimes with. REstricting food, etc. And all she said is "well I can't diagnose you unless I see a huge drop in your weight, or if your purging more than 3-5 times aweek". No to long after, I met both those but didn't feel like telling her, because she already turned me down. Now it's come back, and I'm dead set against not telling anyone. It didn't do anything for me in the past, and besides, what can they do? If I don't really want to recover, than it's kind of pointless, isn't it?

There are times I hate this so much and I just wish I could live life without dealing with this ed, I don't even know if I should call it that because I haven't been diagnosed, but I jsut want it to go away. But the majourity of the time I do'nt want help, because all they'd do is make me gain weight, feed me fatty foods, etc. Which is the exact opposite of what I'm trying to do... That's if they even acknowledge I have a problem... Which they probably won't and make up another excuse why they can't diagnose me and even treat me... I just don't know...

I don't even know why I posted this,... Maybe just to see what you guys think... If this is to much, feel free to edit this or even take it down, it's your call, not mine.
  Send a message via MSN to Reflections  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Millarw12 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Not wanting help? - January 10th 2011, 03:53 PM

No I understand what you mean, I love the feeling after I've purged and I feel light again, but it's costing me and I'm losing my control over mia :/ but that's in my thread, so to put it short I completely understand and I experienced it too.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
In my thoughts, in my dreams.
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: S. J.

Re: Not wanting help? - January 10th 2011, 06:21 PM

Being 21, and having been diagnosed bulimic at age 12... I totally understand. I personally hate it. But you get so used to it that it is hard to not sort of like it and enjoy the way you feel after. It is sad to hear this from somebody else, and it really makes me open my eyes to my own diagnosis. Thank you for the post.

Laugh till you cry.
Live your life 1 regret at a time.

Sometimes we love,
sometime we hate,
and sometimes we still love.

Paint who you want to paint. Love who you want to love.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
BasicFacts Offline
A Soul Already Sold
Average Joe

Name: Kamillia

Re: Not wanting help? - January 11th 2011, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflections View Post
There are times I hate this so much and I just wish I could live life without dealing with this ed, I don't even know if I should call it that because I haven't been diagnosed, but I jsut want it to go away. But the majourity of the time I do'nt want help, because all they'd do is make me gain weight, feed me fatty foods, etc. Which is the exact opposite of what I'm trying to do...
No, it's not weird at all. Actually, the above quote describes what I am going through with anorexia at the moment. Like... to the letter.

Perhaps you could try telling someone again? If there are times when you want to get better, then there must be SOME part of you that is sick of this. Who knows? Maybe if you told someone again, they might realize how serious the situation is and try to help you? And maybe if you tried to go along with that, this might go away and you won't have to live with it forever.

Whatever you decide, I do hope things work out for you.

Closed Thread