TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
*weepingstar* Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: whats in a name?

Question need to eat. but have no desire to? - January 17th 2011, 06:17 PM

So i've recently moved back in at school. And i gained some weight since i moved out. i skipped a some meals but im just not hungry. i know i need to eat something, but i'm not hungry. i drink this energy drink stuff sometimes and i'm not hungry anymore. just a little jittery. even when i dont drink it im not hungry.
i have a history of ed's and i'm afarid i'm falling into one again, but i'm not sure how to stop it before it gets serious.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while

Name: Emily

Re: need to eat. but have no desire to? - January 17th 2011, 06:24 PM

If you are not wanting any food, but know you need to try eating something small. Like you do when you are sick and have trouble holding things down.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Millarw12 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: need to eat. but have no desire to? - January 18th 2011, 10:55 AM

I knida know how you feel. Except i do have an ED and I cant handle having a full stomach, so i tend to skip meals so i don't have to get rid of the food inside me.
But what i found that helps is having like liquid meal replacements. It falls into my strict fat/sugar content thingy i have, and it still keeps me stable and is actually doing me some good. I have Up & Go's, and I make my own milk drinks out of Sustegen (which is kind of like powdered drinking chocolate, but is not as fatty/sugary and is filled with protein and good stuff). These trick my body into thinking its had a meal, and i still feel ok about it.

I hope this helps, because it really helped me.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Nami. Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Re: need to eat. but have no desire to? - January 18th 2011, 09:18 PM

Hey there,

Let me start by saying that energy drinks are not helping you at all. I often times lose my appetite when I drink those things. I know you say that you aren't hungry, but you need to try and eat. Even if you aren't hungry. Your body will eventually get used to having food, and you will start feeling hungry again, or your appetite will come back. Try eating something that is light on the stomach, but satifies it as well. Something healthy, of course.

Also, loss of appetite can be caused by stress and anxiety. if you are stressed, I would try to eliminate some of that stress, or miminize it. Plus, if that doesn't work, you can see a nutritionist, and they will set up a good food plan that will work best for you.

Not all those who wander are lost.
  Send a message via AIM to Nami. Send a message via MSN to Nami.  
Closed Thread