TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lost_Confused Offline
Wherever life takes me.
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Nika

So hungry, but can't eat. - January 26th 2011, 03:14 AM

I've only eaten a piece of bread and some goulash all day, and i'm starving. But i feel so fat and like i need to lose at least [Edited] by summer (sorry if that isn't allowed, not sure?), and i can't bring myself to eat much. Sometimes when i'm actually eating something for once, i start feeling sick and like i need to puke. Although i don't, i just feel like it, so i stop eating. I skip breakfast and usually lunch, except maybe some toast, but then i eat a little bit of dinner, usually just because i don't want the people i'm living with know i have an eating disorder and i'm hungry so if i eat just a bit of something i'm fine until the next day.

I get quite a bit of exercise from walking to and from school, and barely eating anything, i'm kinda starting to lose weight, and i'm feeling somewhat skinnier, but i hate how i feel like i'm a whale all the damn time. I just don't know what to do, i'm not the type of person who can open up easily to others. I did tell one of my best friends from my school that i'm bisexual, though! But that's another matter, and i just want to kick this. My mother doesn't help at all, i think she's actually part of the reason. She's always talking about how fat she is, and how she needs to loose weight, and yada yada yada. Although she looks fine, she doesn't think so.

But yeah. I just feel weak, depressed, and like i'm about to break...

Last edited by Casey.; January 26th 2011 at 04:34 AM. Reason: Please don't post weight figures.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
*weepingstar* Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: whats in a name?

Re: So hungry, but can't eat. - January 26th 2011, 11:23 PM

try something simple. have a glass of milk. some salteen crackers, or maybe some unbuttered popcorn. some dry cereal. some fruit or vegetable. maybe a piece of cheese. just try something small and eat it super slowley and see if maybe that helps a little. that helps me sometimes. PM me if you need anything

(#3 (permalink)) Old
emma01 Offline
Hello :D
I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: So hungry, but can't eat. - January 27th 2011, 09:06 AM

I think that when we have an eating disorder, we can't rely on hunger to tell us when to eat, i think you are best to set yourself certain times that you make sure you eat something. always have breakfast, lunch and dinner... And if you start feeling you want more, add snacks in there too. Now im not telling u to eat heaps, because tht would be silly, but so long as you have sonething at each meal - even a piece of toast - you may re train your body into accepting meal times!!

Also, i live with my mum who has had disordered eating since she was a teen... She eats so little during the day but will often eat too much at night, so heres me having breakfast, a snack, lunch etc and she hardly has any and its so hard for me.

I am a Proud Kiwi =)
Send me a PM/VM, Add me on Facebook Or Watch My Videos on Youtube

Closed Thread