TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Eating Disorders (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f15-eating-disorders/)
-   -   problems after bulimia (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f15-eating-disorders/t65499-problems-after-bulimia/)

ashleyyy January 27th 2011 01:04 AM

problems after bulimia

I was never necessarily bullimic ..I hope I spelled that right
that word always gets me
anyway
I only through up a few times
like inbetween 10 & 20
but what I'm wondering is if this will cause me to throw up more often ...without me forcing it

ever since I started that throwing up
now I wake up some days and my body just throws up
its nothing I eat that makes me sick
& i've been on my birth control for awhile & it never bothered me before

emma01 January 27th 2011 09:10 AM

Re: problems after bulimia

Yes, induced vomiting can in turn lead to the body automatically rejecting food and involuntarily vomiting, likewise taking laxatives can permanently damage your bowel movements!! EDs are not something to meddle with as they can have huge effects on you mentally and physically.

Jovial. January 31st 2011 01:22 PM

Yes, you forcing yourself to throw up, excpesially 10 to 20 times, can make ur body involuntarly vomit. Your body rejects the food, because that is what you are teaching it

reflection_of_who February 4th 2011 07:59 PM

I think realistically it's hard to tell over the internet why you are randomly vomitting in the mornings. It may or may not be the case that due to the fact you induced vomitting 10-20 times. I would have thought this was unlikely though because obviously for years your body has been eating and keeping food down normally and I would have thought it'd take a bit more than 10-20 times to be purging involuntarily. Everyone is different I suppose. I think your best bet is to see your doctor but be honest about your history.. cos it's not normal to be sick involuntarily.

CS33 February 9th 2011 09:44 PM

Hey :)
The same thing happens to me, after my 'bulimia' stage, everything I ate my body would throw up- but dont worry, it stops after a while X

Just Peachy. February 23rd 2011 08:17 AM

Being bulimic, I can hopefully provide a little bit of insight for you.

When I was going through that I developed acid reflux. I had to get an upper endoscopy, In care you didn't know, it's where they insert a tube down your esophagus with a camera I believe. Acid reflux causes one to throw up sporadically, or have heart burn. I also have heart burn because of it.

Now, you said you have thrown up 10-20 times, and I am wondering over the course of what? Your life time, or a week? Timing is a lot of it. You really should see a doctor for that aspect. If your body is so used to throwing up after eating, then it's going to become automatic.