TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Laura

so tempted - January 27th 2011, 11:04 PM

I've been doing really well in recovery. But now that I'm back at college, it's getting harder. I don't know why but it was easier to eat at home. I'm so tempted to go back to restricting. I've gained so much weight in recovery, and I'm just having a really hard time standing it. I guess I just need some help staying on track. I'm seeing my nutritionist on Monday, but how do I continue on until then? It just seems like everything would be better if I restricted and became skinny again. But I know that's probably not my wise mind...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jovial. Offline
Skittles Minion.

Senior TeenHelper

Name: Trish

Re: so tempted - January 28th 2011, 04:55 PM

I would agree and say do not listen to the part of you that is saying this! it is not a good idea. I know you really do not want to hear that. I'm sorry. just until monday remind yourself that you need to eat! Is there someone that you can ask to have like a eye on you. Like just check in with them daily. Tell them what you have eaten, even if it is someone near you or not Almost like someone you will be accountable to.
If you have no one else, I can if you like. We can do it through email, or if you are in the states I can give you my cell # throught a PM and you can Text me!

Good luck
Trish
  Send a message via Yahoo to Jovial.  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Laura

Re: so tempted - January 29th 2011, 05:38 AM

I did eat today. It wasn't a lot or the healthiest, but I ate. I'm pretty sure I can make it until Monday. I might take you up on the private message check in, if that wouldn't put too much pressure on you.

Closed Thread