TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ritz13 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Question On The Fence - February 3rd 2011, 08:55 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Hi!
So, I don't know if you've seen my other threads, but a lot of things are going on right now, so obviously, I'm stressed. And when I'm stressed, I eat a lot.
I went shopping with my dad yesterday. I bought two t-shirts. Normally, I can fit into an extra-small but I like to get small because it's comfier. Yesterday, I couldn't even fit into a small, I had to go up a size.
Now I'm freaking out, I mean, I've never really looked wonderful or pretty but I do try to. I do work out and do yoga on the weekends as well as gym at school, but I don't understand why my weight is going up, not down.
I've never had an eating disorder before, I have skipped breakfast before and dinner, but not frequently.
Recently though, I've considered bulimia. I honestly don't know what else to do. And I don't have anyone to talk to, no one in my family takes me seriously, and my friends don't know how to deal with these types of situations.
I think my low self esteem is part of the issue, I am bullied at school and that kills me emotionally. I have cut before, if that's even relevant... But yeah, please help me.

Ritz

"I walk this empty street
On the Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Where the city sleeps
and I'm the only one and I walk alone
"
-Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Green Day

(#2 (permalink)) Old
L.O.V.E. IS??
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: kelly

Re: On The Fence - February 3rd 2011, 09:21 PM

An eating disorder is not a good way to go. You dont want it. And if you dont fit the same size it could mean you're growing i mean i dont know how old u r but i'm pretty sure you're just growing. I know what it feels like when your parents dont take you seriousley, it annoys the crap out of me and how my friends wouldn't know whwat to do either. I mean i dont expect my friends to do anything cause well we're still teenagers and stuff but it'd be nice if they did know what to do. I know those feelings pretty damn well. You can talk to me. I'll listen and help you out the best i can. PM me anytime (:

Some things are beautiful because they are un-obtainable <3

'A dream is what you desire if anything and everything is possible.'

(#3 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: On The Fence - February 5th 2011, 10:48 PM

Hey there,

I want to apologize for the late reply to your thread! I am sorry you are feeling so down. I definitely know where you are coming from. You have to remember though that different stores aren't going to have the same sizes. Some stores run a bit smaller then normal, where as others might run a bit bigger. Also, you say that you are gaining weight, but still working out? You are more than likely building up muscle mass, which weighs more then fat. I have a problem with that as well, I weight more then I look because I have so much muscle mass. It can be a bit deceiving. The most important this is that you are staying healthy. If you feel healthy, you are going to look healthy. You are going to feel better overall. Really, that is the goal here right?

I think that is important that you do not slip into an eating disorder. They're nasty addictions. It's not something that will make you feel better. I used to think that being "skinnier" and having an ED would solve all my problem. It actually made things a lot worse. I felt worse about myself then I initially did. Besides, from being Bulimic, I developed acid reflux, which resulted in ulcers. I have a hard time swallowing. It's just not fun. I think that you should reach out to friends. I know they don't understand, but can they listen to you? Even someone to listen to you vent would be helpful. Is there anyone that you turn to? A relative, or a teacher? Or maybe the guidance counselor at school? I really liked my guidance counselor help. I would even consider professional help. It is something to think about!

Hope this helped!

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
Closed Thread