TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Darkgothicrose Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy Enemia, vegetarianism + not eating!!! - February 10th 2011, 07:47 PM

I have been to doctors alot l8ly and hav been told I might have enemia.
Im also a vegetarian so I dont eat any meat or anything, and havnt been eatin for the past 2weeks!

Anyone able 2 help me because I could die from all of this.

I will NOT stop being vegetarian! j.s.u.k

(#2 (permalink)) Old
anony mouse. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Enemia, vegetarianism + not eating!!! - February 10th 2011, 09:06 PM

If you haven't been eating for the past two weeks, it should come as no surprise that you're getting sick. Even if you're vegetarian, you still need all the nutrients and whatnot you'd ordinarily be getting from meat. I'm talking like iron, protein, etc. And I guess if you're not eating anything else then you're missing out on basically everything your body needs to function, including calories, carbohydrates and certain types of fat. I guess the only thing you can do right now is start eating more healthy food and perhaps start taking vitamin supplements in order to make up for what you've been missing.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
emma01 Offline
Hello :D
I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: Enemia, vegetarianism + not eating!!! - February 12th 2011, 06:08 AM

Its good you came on here because it shows you realise you have a problem. Not eating for 2 weeks certainly isn't good. Many many people are vegetarian, but that is no excuse to not eat anything with protein. There are so many options out there that provide protein, my mum has Vegetarian Sausages, Vegetarian Bacon, Falafel patties and Nuts. There are many options out there but if you are not eating meat you need to eat Meat Substitutes

Good luck!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
distance Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Enemia, vegetarianism + not eating!!! - February 13th 2011, 10:04 PM

You're almost correct. It's not "I might die from not eating", it's "I will die from not eating".

At least if you keep not eating you'll die.

Is it mental or physical why you can't eat? My anorexia started out mental, from compulsions and obsessions over numbers, to physical (digestion issues...) when I realized having a BMI below emanciation was not so great. Either way, its good that you're seeing Dr.'s to help. Make sure you USE you're Dr's too! Try to take their advice... they're there to help you.

Regardless, if you're not eating, you need to start eating. I KNOW this sounds difficult (assuming AN) and I know it is difficult. Eating my first full meal without cheating remains as one of the hardest things I've ever done. But i know you're strong enough to beat whatever you're battling.

It's completely possible to become anemic on a vege diet even if you're eating meat substitutes and protein. Animal iron is the most efficient iron for your body to use. Some bodies just have a hard time using plant iron. Thus, iron supplements might be necessary to prevent and/or treat anemia.

Closed Thread