TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Auti Offline
Winner. Of the game
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Autumn

Points: 8,519, Level: 13 Points: 8,519, Level: 13 Points: 8,519, Level: 13

I pretty sure I have anorexia - March 24th 2011, 09:31 PM

Ugh. I'm not one of those types of girls who has self issue problems, where I don't eat because I don't like the way I look, or other people don't like the way I look. I'm content with being an outcast. I don't care what people think of me. But, for some reason, I can't bring myself to eat normally. I mean I'll eat like one meal a day, but the amount of food I eat is getting less. I hate food; it disgusts me. I'd rather drink water all day than eat. I've always been under weight. But, my BMI went from [Edited] to [Edited] in the past month. I'm getting scared. I'm sure my family notices my eat habits, but I know if I address them, saying I have a problem, I need help. My stepmom will either call me hypochondriac, or simply ignore me. I don't know what to do. :l

&& I'm pretty sure when I tell my friends, they think I'm joking, or they simply don't care.

Last edited by Just Peachy.; March 24th 2011 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Removing BMI numbers as they are against the CoC
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Blair Offline
<3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Blair

Points: 13,399, Level: 16 Points: 13,399, Level: 16 Points: 13,399, Level: 16

Re: I pretty sure I have anorexia - March 24th 2011, 10:01 PM

Hey autumn, do you have any idea of why food disgusts you so much? When did that start? There's usually something behind it even if it's not about appearance. You got some introspection to do honey. Also, talk to your doctor about your eating habits.

Just Keep Breathing
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Just Peachy. Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36

Re: I pretty sure I have anorexia - March 25th 2011, 12:47 AM

Hey there,

It might be that you do have anorexia. But this thing with anorexia is that it comes from depression. The key to figuring out if you have anorexia comes down to reasons as to why you don't eat and why it disgusts you. Do you find that you don't like food and not eat more when you are stressed or angry? Or is it an all the time things.

According to this website, anorexia comes down to this

Quote:
-refusal to maintain a healthy body weight
-an intense fear of gaining weight
-a distorted body image
There are loads of info on this website that I encourage you to read. Do some research. I would talk to a school counselor or a teacher you trust about this, if you don't want to talk to your step mom. Can you talk to another adult? Disordered eating is not healthy by any means, and you should take care of it before it gets too out of hand. another help would be if you ate foods that were healthy and light on the stomach. You may not feel like you are hungry, but your body is probably starving.

Hope this helps!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
bethhhjo Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Beth-Jo

Points: 8,533, Level: 13 Points: 8,533, Level: 13 Points: 8,533, Level: 13

Re: I pretty sure I have anorexia - April 3rd 2011, 09:24 AM

I'm pretty much exactly the same, and I don't think I have a disorder :-|

I'm going to do some research, maybe you should do some as well?:-)

Talk to me if you need anything, we can help eachother:-)<3

~i don't know the first time i felt unbeautiful, the day i chose not to eat. what i do know is how it changed my life forever, i know i should know better. there are days when i'm okay, and for a moment, for a moment, i find hope. but there are days when i'm not okay, and i need your help. 'cause i'm letting go..~
-Courage, Superchic[k]
Closed Thread