TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
picturemesarah Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,835, Level: 12 Points: 7,835, Level: 12 Points: 7,835, Level: 12

Exclamation Do i have an eating disorder? - July 19th 2011, 03:45 AM

I would ask if i was Anorexic but i sorta self diagnosed myself as
Anorexic with a binge-purge sup type. This means that i not only calorie restrict but i also binge and purge. I was just wondering if im over reacting and if im normal or if i really do have an eating disorder and need help...
so my normal calorie intake per day ranges from (edited)
Ill fast most days and then when i binge its usually around (edited)
I will also purge after i eat even if its normal amounts of food, if its a day where i feel like i should be eating less. I also workout a lot and try to burn at least twice what i ate.
I constantly calorie count and im part of a "weight loss community" on a website (im not going to say which) where many people do the same.
the reason i ask is because i know i should be eating (edited) calories a day but i dont feel anorexic..and even eating less than (edited) calories a day makes me feel insanely fat.

Last edited by Just Peachy.; July 19th 2011 at 04:53 AM. Reason: please dont post calorie numbers on teen help
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I can't get enough

Name: Cheye

Points: 28,990, Level: 24 Points: 28,990, Level: 24 Points: 28,990, Level: 24

Re: Do i have an eating disorder? - July 19th 2011, 07:29 PM

Well first of all, I'm no doctor and only a doctor can truly diagnose whether you have an eating disorder or not, and I wouldn't call this Anorexia because the definition wouldn't involve bingeing, and a doctor would probably diagnose you as having an EDNOS (Eating Disorder Not Otherwise Specified) Meaning it still is an eating disorder, but what you do, does not fit the black and white definition of Anorexia or Bulimia. Basically ED's are not just Anorexia or Bulimia, there are in-betweens and they are usually either disordered eating (meaning it's not an eating disorder but could easily get worse and turn into one) and also EDNOS (which means it doesn't fit the exact definition of just one or the other of the main ED's).

Resident old person, back from much needed, multiple year hiatus.

HelpLINK Mentor(1/28/11)Live Help Operator(5/28/11)Social Networking Team(2/9/12)Rape and Abuse Forum Moderator(2/11/12)Articles Team(7/17/12)Sex and Puberty Forum Moderator(7/28/12)Fashion and Style Forum Moderator(9/23/12)Chat Mod(10/13/12)Buddy(11/18/12)
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
picturemesarah Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,835, Level: 12 Points: 7,835, Level: 12 Points: 7,835, Level: 12

Re: Do i have an eating disorder? - July 20th 2011, 02:01 AM

i know im not anorexic or bulimic.
im both
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I can't get enough

Name: Cheye

Points: 28,990, Level: 24 Points: 28,990, Level: 24 Points: 28,990, Level: 24

Re: Do i have an eating disorder? - July 20th 2011, 11:17 PM

Which would probably be referred to as an EDNOS because it does not exactly fit either description to a tee rather has traits of both.

Resident old person, back from much needed, multiple year hiatus.

HelpLINK Mentor(1/28/11)Live Help Operator(5/28/11)Social Networking Team(2/9/12)Rape and Abuse Forum Moderator(2/11/12)Articles Team(7/17/12)Sex and Puberty Forum Moderator(7/28/12)Fashion and Style Forum Moderator(9/23/12)Chat Mod(10/13/12)Buddy(11/18/12)
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Just Peachy. Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36

Re: Do i have an eating disorder? - July 21st 2011, 08:45 PM

I agree that you don't have anorexia or bulimia. I think you're more likely to have EDNOS. Thoughm I am not a doctor, so I can't diagnose you. I feel as though you are participating in eating disorder behavior. My advise is to see a doctor. They can help.

Closed Thread