TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
NyanNyan Offline
Not a n00b

Name: NyanNyan

Points: 9,556, Level: 14 Points: 9,556, Level: 14 Points: 9,556, Level: 14

Anorexia messing with my mind - August 8th 2011, 12:15 PM

I WAS good at controlling what I say. That was last year. But ever since four months ago, I have to say what the thing inside of me wants, not me. I try to warn people, but they get hurt anyways. Like how I called my best friend fat accidentally. How I tell my little brother I hate him when I don't. My head just goes blank for what to say, so someone who's not me decides for me. But they're inside of me. Is this the anorexia or am I going insane? I can literally hear their voice inside of me saying "hurt them! They haven't done anything for you!" what can I do?

^-----^
(=• . •=)
Any anime lovers feel free to PM me!
"What's wrong with you?"
"Want me to make a list? *smiles*"
"Ummmm...no thanks I think I know"

Last edited by Just Peachy.; August 8th 2011 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Removing unnecessary prefix
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Just Peachy. Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36

Re: Anorexia messing with my mind - August 8th 2011, 06:38 PM

If your anorexia is THAT severe, then you need to see a doctor. I know it's hard to talk to people about what's going on, but that's the only way to get better. It's hard to recover. Damn hard. but is all of what's going on really worth it? The voices, the pain, the thoughts. It all doesn't seem worth it to me. You deserve to feel happy and healthy. No doubt. I highly encourage you to see a doctor, or maybe talk to a staff member at school. It's really hard for me to verbalize my feelings. So, if it's that way for you, then maybe a good idea would be to write out everything and hand it to someone who can help. Also, it's good to have a healthy support system, as you don't deserve to go through this alone. Take care<3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Re: Anorexia messing with my mind - August 9th 2011, 08:29 AM

I agree with Lyndsee, I would see a doctor. These symptoms don't seem healthy for you and you family, in the end, eating disorders make us hurt the ones we love, and it's horrible. I would see a doctor, or any other professional.
If you can't get a hold of a doctor, or an appointment was made but you need help now, you can always call your local emergency number, and then there are many Eating Disorder hotlines that you can reach from our Hotlines page: http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f3-general/t22-hotlines/
I hope you're able to get this all together, and have a happy, healthy life! You can always message me if you need.

something burning?

Last edited by Coffee.; August 9th 2011 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Spelling
Closed Thread